Newbee advice

P

plepper

I'm just getting started MDing and have bought a OLD Garrett MasterHunter ADS II How much effort should I put into learning this machine? I've had a chance to go out a few times but not as much as I'd like and with limited success. Been thinking of a newer machine (Ace 250 or Tesoro Cibola) but would like to get completely hook before buying another MDer. As to type of hunting Parks, old log homes and sites I find while 4X4ing, and construction sites. Any advice would be great!

Upvote 0

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
Im a newbie here to an have been reading up on those 2 detectors. The differences i hear constantly both are excelent machines while the 250 is a TID machine where the cibola isnt the so called HOT coil is a major plus. I belive i will be getting the cibola over the 250 just due to my own personal issue i dont need to see what it is reading i rather dig up what i want not what it tells me. Wierd i know. I have put a few reviews on the detector reviews forum of cibola. While very new i have a friend here who traded down he had the deleon(sp) an said the cibola blows it away fro coins an relics up to 16" an uses a small coil to avoid trash. He also said he can go to where he gets alot of iron reading an phase those out completely.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Id get the ace 250. The ace 250 is a good little machine even thoughi have the Tracker IV metal detector. Go to www.mdparadise.net and see all the guys who have an ace 250 and what there finds are. You will be surprised what that machine can do. Its good machine for the cheap price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions