Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net ! For US coins the "Redbook" is a decent reference for type coins in all denominations .If you're in another country , I'm sure there are lots of members here who could direct you to a book or two.

OP
OP
M

mcass

Jan 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Picked up a Red Book today. Quick question... What is the number in parenthesis? IMG_2036.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a copy of " U.S. Coin Prices" Magazine. They give current prices of coins in various grades, and with that you can find what coins are "key" dates etc. At one time they also included the number of each coin that was minted, but not so anymore. I kept a copy from Jan 2016 just for that reason. It is a really good tool to use to find out more about what you may have found. Also to learn more about any one coin, go on the internet, and enter the type ( 1 cent, 5 cent etc.) the date and any mint mark, and anything you want to know will be there. This is really good for foreign coins as well. Hope this helps.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the number in parenthesis indicates the total quantity of proof coins created from the total number that was minted.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The simplest way is to look for any silver coins before 1965, wheat pennies and Indian heads, buffalo nickels and foreign coins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread