Newbie first hunt. Success!

smf399

Aug 7, 2012
Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats better than the piece of scrap iron I found on my first hunt!!!:laughing7: Keep on digging!! :thumbsup:

keystonecops

Mar 9, 2014
salem or
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT-Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up, dig alla them signals. Youll git a lotta trash, but yer macine will talk to you. Ya just gotta learn to listen. Later Clyde

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a memorial cent my firs hunt... :icon_scratch: Then 2nd and third then I found a quarter. Then I found a nice old token, then i was hooked !!
Now I've found more amazing and valuable things than I ever expected...

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol good for you man. I hope you had fun..judging by this post I'm thinking that's a yes.you're going to find stuff so awesome and then look back and laugh..keep the first dime..good luck out there

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started out metal detecting in the late 70's with a BFO, beat frequency oscillator metal detector. It picked up EVERYTHING. At the time, pull tabs still came off the can instead of staying attached. You don't want to know how many pull tabs I dug as well as every tiny piece of iron and tin foil. This is a great hobby and as you get more experienced you will have great finds too. Take you time and listen to the sound of your detector before you actually dig. You get to know what's trash and what's treasure. Nice fish you have. Picture's quite small, but my guess is it's a nice bass.

OP
OP
fishnfacts

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.

I have access to a lot of land and hope to gain access to more. A trip to the local historical society is in the near future.

DoninBrewster it is a bass, a smallie caught in Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin.

oddrod

Oct 31, 2012
Derby KS
Detector(s) used
Brother Bobs Tesoro Deleon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now let the madness begin. Welcome aboard.

ooxcfhxoo

Mar 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found nothing on my first hunt.I just started MDing. I've only been to local beaches and was hitting them hard.I dug up tons of trash when last week, in the most unlikley of places, I dug up a 1868 shield nickel. Its not a spectacular find but I was in awe. I was holding a coin that was lost over 140+ years ago! It gets better. Dig the trash because you never know what you will find. Dont get hung up on silver and gold. Its all about the hunt. Persistance will pay off in due time.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found a dime that you will never spend! here's to many more, good luck!:occasion14:

CHAPP12

Mar 10, 2014
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found nothing on my first hunt.I just started MDing. I've only been to local beaches and was hitting them hard.I dug up tons of trash when last week, in the most unlikley of places, I dug up a 1868 shield nickel. Its not a spectacular find but I was in awe. I was holding a coin that was lost over 140+ years ago! It gets better. Dig the trash because you never know what you will find. Dont get hung up on silver and gold. Its all about the hunt. Persistance will pay off in due time.

Great advice OOX. I remember when I hunted with my dad that when we got a new property he would pull everything out of the ground. I hated those trips when I was young but after several trips doing that the good stuff started coming up.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome dude , keep hunting and they will come!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread