Newbie from Texas (Houston)

Silky T

Oct 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! :hello: I landed here from another site after asking about ground balancing my BH Pioneer 202. I get a lot of chatter here in Texas and I'm not sure if it's the ground balancing or settings I'm not doing right. Can anyone help me with both? I am taking a road trip tomorrow to Key Largo, FL for a family reunion. Gonna take it with me just for grins (If I have room). I'm packing heavy because I'll be in Florida 3 days, then driving up to Virginia to visit family, (civil war artifacts there!) then to Arkansas to the Crater of Diamonds. I don't know if it's going to be of any use there or not, finding diamonds, as they aren't in black soil or with other minerals that beep.

I look forward to chatting with you guys!

Silky

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Silky,

I'm in The Woodlands just north of you. Your Bounty Hunter is an entry level unit, so it has a fixed ground balance. In mineralized soil, you can try to reduce the chatter by turning the sensitivity down. Be sure and turn your discrimination up to just below nickels, that will help eliminate the nails. On the beach, stay in the dry sand, wet sand will increase the salt mineralization causing more chatter.

Good luck on your trips!

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread