Newbie gold panning in cherokke county ga

NJguy99

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2012
nj
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi everybody,
I am a total newbie to gold panning, last time I did it I was 7. I remember very little, but have read up and know the basics. I purchased this kit: Deluxe Green Gold Classifier Gold Pan Panning Kit | eBay and when we head down to Georgia we are going to try our luck. Since I am a newbie, to both gold panning and the locations, I have some questions. Where are some good places to go panning for gold? I heard proctor, sixes, and owl creek are good. Second, any tips for a newbie? Thanks, and hope I get a couple specks of gold by the time we head home!!!

Upvote 0

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi NJguy99 and welcome to the net.
Go to the GPAA web site and find the chapters section under the membership tab. At the right is a dropdown of the states. Click on Georgia and there will be one or more contacts that will be able to help you with info. They may even invite you to an outing so you can get your feet wet.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

OP
OP
N

NJguy99

Tenderfoot
Jun 26, 2012
nj
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi NJguy99 and welcome to the net.
Go to the GPAA web site and find the chapters section under the membership tab. At the right is a dropdown of the states. Click on Georgia and there will be one or more contacts that will be able to help you with info. They may even invite you to an outing so you can get your feet wet.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector
Thanks! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread