Newbie here and found this today

jwood

Dec 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I've spent about 40 hours so far detecting and haven't found anything but cans and tabs so far. Today I found this about 4 inches down and I have no clue what it could be. When I move it, it definitely glimmers gold but also might have paint on it. Does anyone have a clue what this is? It looks like a wolf on the front of it.
wolf1.jpg wolf2.jpg

Upvote 11

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that is a Boy Scouts neckerchief slide.

Oh, and Welcome aboard TNet!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Or "cub" scouts.

Keep at it and go where you know coins have been lost. If you have a local swimming hole, try around there including the grassy areas where averyone hangs. Try the paths to the restrooms.

OP
OP
J

jwood

Dec 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help. Well it's not worth anything but it's pretty cool at least i think.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely it's cool! I would put that in my collection of keepers if I found it!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the help. Well it's not worth anything but it's pretty cool at least i think.

It could be worth something to a collector, and just remember, alot of what you find isn't worth much, but you rescued history. Good luck in your future hunts!:occasion14:

OP
OP
J

jwood

Dec 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the help. This just got really cool. This dates from when my father was in the boy scouts. I told him about it and he said he wore the same one. This was from the Wolf Patrol and he was actually the leader of the Wolf Patrol. I told him where I found it and he said that's exactly where they used to have their picnics. It's quite possible that one of his friends lost this. I'm gonna give it to him and he's really happy to have it.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a new detectorist, it would be wise to post group shots of all the "junk" you dig. Someone may spot something amazing that you may have missed. I have heard stories about people throwing away a civil war eagle breast plate thinking it was just junk. Spend some time around here and you'll learn A LOT haha!

Welcome, and that's a really good relic you dug!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the help. This just got really cool. This dates from when my father was in the boy scouts. I told him about it and he said he wore the same one. This was from the Wolf Patrol and he was actually the leader of the Wolf Patrol. I told him where I found it and he said that's exactly where they used to have their picnics. It's quite possible that one of his friends lost this. I'm gonna give it to him and he's really happy to have it.

Now, THAT, is just plain nice! Welcome to T-Net!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I have a case full of those & they display very nicely. Go get some more.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, I've dug two of those this year, they are a cool find. Mine go in the keepers for sure.

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found the same one as well, its a boys scout neck something

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations you sure beat me today I got 1 button
Welcome aboard

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny I dug one of those not too long ago. Neat relic. I like that you're still has the blue left

cowtipping1

Oct 26, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
Other
nice find! that took me back, i had one of those when i was in scouts.

i'm a newbie to detecting too and am awesome at finding trash so I can relate to what you said haha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread