Newbie here just saying hello

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Hello everyone,1st off i hope its ok to post this here..my name is shawn(upstate ny) and i just found this amazing site today,im already addicted to this forum so much to read and drool over.I havent a detector yet but hopefully soon i will,can anyone recommend a good all around starter detector?ty and im looking forward to showing off my future treasures

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
When you get ready...Walt's Hobby in Syracuse carries White's detectors. Nice folks at Walt's.

OP
OP
UnEarthed72

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Ace 250??? is that a detector

OK i just read a post confirming my question,gonna have to look into it.like i said I'm a total beginner at this detector thing,up until now Ive used my god given detection system(my vision) Ive actually found some cool things thus far,yet a metal detector will be a great advantage.Ty again for the initiation

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Welcome to TNet and the best hobby. First decide what you want to spend and what you want to look for most ; coins , jewelry etc. Then where you want to look most : land , beach etc. this will help to narrow down your choices. The best starter units are the Garrett Ace250 and 150. You can do much better with a Tesoro Cibola for a little over 300. there are advantages to both. if you need more help in your purchasing decision , please do not hesitate to ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread