Newbie Hunter

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Many's the day I only came up with scrap, and a few clad coins.... don't get discouraged, clear out that scrap so you can get down deeper to the goodies! You will be learning more and more about your detector as you go, so it's not wasted time, too. HH!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About everyone starts with the yard as it's the closest dirt. Don't forget to over lab your swings and not swing to fast. Learn to pinpoint well so you don't make a mess of a park and get a huge bill for reseeding the area. Keep looking at the forum for tips on detecting. Some of us have been here since there was dirt, and some longer.

HH,
Sandman

day dreamer

Aug 13, 2005
Florence S.C.
i AGREE WITH SANMAN take your time you will end up finding more.Remeber it takes time to learn your machine.Dont give up because you dont find much. THER WILL BE GOOD DAYS AHEAD. HAPPY HUNTING AND WELCOME ABOARD.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
CC,

welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to your finds this year. ?Give it time and the finds get better.

have a good un............

froggy13

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
Hang in there, I too am a newbie and I haven't found too much either (yet). So far this forum has kept me motivated and so I went out today. I found only 1 chunk of steel about 1 inch square and a clad dime. It is a good reason to get out into the fresh air though!!

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome there CC.

You didn't mention your brand of detector but if you're like almost everybody else in the world it's an Ace 250 or Bounty Hunter.

At any rate, I'm more familiar with northern Michigan and Mackinac Island. Don't really recall if I've ever been to your part of Michigan. We own a house up there on the lake so I do some hunting in the general area when we decide to stay there.

I have hunted western Michigan and the northern lower peninsula.

Michigan is one awesome state all the way around. I've been to a lot of places and there's no place like Michigan. And when it comes to detecting, that's very good too if you do your research or at least look for those obviously old places.

Go to the old part of town and ask permission to hunt yards. Take a friend or two and be careful. Use your head. If you're a kid make sure an adult goes with you.

Those old houses are killers for old coins and jewelry. Some vacant lots in between old stores are also super.

Just learn that machine and go get em. ;)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, anywhere near bad axe, Saginaw?

OP
OP
C

CC_25

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2006
I think thats a ways north from here, plymouth is south east, outside of detroit.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum cc_25..there's alot of helpful and knowledgable people here so keep your ear's open ...take the headphone's off first...WELCOME AND HH!!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Welcome to the forum! We like to hear about your finds no matter what they are. We've all had our share of being 'skunked" and finding junk! Nice beginning. Looking forward to more of your finds. :o

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum CC. Hang in there and keep on diggin'. The good stuff is out there waiting for you !

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
C

CC_25

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2006
I have another question...can you MD with a little snow on the ground? Like, less than an inch?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread