Newbie just saying hello from Baltimore Maryland

Boanz

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2023
Hello all I am very new to the MD world other then some years ago going with my brother in law and using his loaner a few times I had never been detecting since then I always had it as a hobby I would like to try but until recently never had the time so now I am getting ready to pick up a detector this Friday we are going on vacation to Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks so im looking forward to my first day on the beach and I'll get to spend some quality time with the kids I think I'll really enjoy this new hobby after reading some post on here and watching many videos looks like alot of fun ty all and happy hunting
Update:ty all for the warm welcome I just bought my 1st detector the vanquish 340 will arrive this Sunday can't wait to get out and treasure hunt

Last edited:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum and the hobby from Oregon!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all I am very new to the MD world...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

OP
OP
B

Boanz

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2023
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
Sry I edited my post hope this helped I'll try to figure out how to get to sub forum ty

OP
OP
B

Boanz

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2023
Sry I edited my post hope this helped I'll try to figure out how to get to sub forum ty
I think I did what you asked I clicked the red in your post went to maryland section and posted my hello there ty

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome! What part of Baltimore are you from?

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, X-Terra Pro, Quantum II, DFX, Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Tennessee.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I love your attitude. You’ll have fun and you’ll be successful. Best wishes from Iowa!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in the white marsh/perryhall area and you?
I spent a lot of time in the late 60's and early 70's hunting many places in and around Baltimore. An area of interest was the area of confluence of the Bird River with the Gunpowder River. I'm not sure how close to that area you are, or if you can still hunt it, but it might be worth checking it out.

OP
OP
B

Boanz

Tenderfoot
Aug 3, 2023
I spent a lot of time in the late 60's and early 70's hunting many places in and around Baltimore. An area of interest was the area of confluence of the Bird River with the Gunpowder River. I'm not sure how close to that area you are, or if you can still hunt it, but it might be worth checking it out.
Ty I will deff have to try there I'm not far at all from there ty again

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread