Newbie Needs Opinions - Would you buy a Whites Spectra V3 or Garrett 2500 & Why?

OP
OP
D

diggingems

Greenie
Mar 3, 2010
Louisville TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Re: Newbie Needs Opinions - Would you buy a Whites Spectra V3 or Garrett 2500 & Why?

Rifleman said:
More than a few people have sold their V-3's because there is a stiff learning curve with them. The 2500 is much more user friendly and will not miss much. Both machines are a little on the heavy side. I think the size ID screen on the 2500 will be a big help. With the price difference, you can get some accessory coils and a Garrett pin pointer. There are times a small coil makes a big difference, especially in the trashy areas. You will have more versatility for the same money with the Garrett. Detecting is a great hobby and a wonderful way to spend time outside. Finding history is a wonderful and very satisfying thing.
I really want a 2500, but do not have the $$$ now. I use an Ace 250 and make some darn nice finds.
Best Regards, John K

I'm glad I got the one I did, John. It is heavy but I'm really glad that I got the harness with it - it makes the weight insignificant, and I can still have the bigger screen. I considered getting the smaller coil, but for now I let it go and got some other accessories instead. The V3 would have been a terrible mistake for me, and I'm glad I did my homework first and avoided that. This 2500 looks like it's just what I wanted. Can't wait to try out my new toy.

Diggin Gems

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin Gems, I know this Thread is a few years old but as I'm currently trying to gauge between the ATX and 2500 I wanted to see if you have found much over the past 6 years?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread