Scott in MI

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2013
Tri-Cities
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening all. Quick question about ground balancing an X-Terra 505. As soon as I hit my ground balancing button the detector goes absolutely crazy with unstable sounds. I am able to set everything else OK and I found a quarter and a penny in my backyard tonight, but I was never able to set the GB. I just put it in the middle and tried detecting. I am brand new to detecting so I am curious if anyone could provide any feedback. The coil was 4-6 inches off the ground when I hit the button. I pumped it up and down and moved through all 50 settings with no change, just large garbage unstable sounds. I tried to GB in many different areas and it always became unstable as soon as I hit the button. Am I doing something wrong?

Upvote 0

TWP700

Dec 13, 2012
So. Ca.
Detector(s) used
xt305
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a 305 and what comes too mind is,did you put in AM first and find an area with no sig.? That might make it weird out if you don't.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a 705 and you will have to put it in all metal and try that Hold it off the ground about a foot or more then push the button.Pump it about 3-4 times and give it time to register to itself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread