Newbie Question

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Welcome to T-net's marks and signs,

We allow questions, LOL.

These trails are Colonial, Spanish, Ancient, French, KGC and even more modern.
There are even Pirate trails discussed in here.
They are found from border to border and coast to coast.

A find of the sort found on these trails are rarely shown or discussed.
Their nature is largely controversial and subject to immediate seizure by the Graberment and others if they are shown or known.

the most you will get from the most courteous of hunters is a post with a huge smiley face.
that says it all.
(Notoriety is the last thing I want)

LOL
Thom

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Late 1990s. Southern Arizona. 1028 silver bars. That's what I admit to knowing about! ;D

I only say it because the guy that got it passed away.

Best-Mike

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Gollum, How did he finally locate the silver? Two-box, metal detector, probe, dowse? Jimmygoat

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmygoat said:
Gollum, How did he finally locate the silver? Two-box, metal detector, probe, dowse? Jimmygoat

Signs symbols and a regular metal detector (wasn't THAT deep).

Best-Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldminer said:
Mike,
Was this the cache that was located by crosses within crosses, lined up by placing sticks in holes in rocks?

I don't know all the details about this one. Just amounts and descriptions of the bars. Here is what the bars looked like:

They think it is what's called a "Martyr Cache". Father Javier Saeta SJ was murdered during the Pima Indian revolt of 1695.

Mike

Attachments

• Saetabar1.jpg
    Saetabar1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 401

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very interesting pics DSTY. What are the dimensions of the rectangular holes?

Mike

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty said:
The rectangle holes are approx 20 inches wide, 18 inches deep and approx 40 inches long, they med-flight me to OKC for a visit to the hosp, sorry about removing my post but it just got to be too much trouble, It is my opinion that a elephant carries a big load for a long distance, a eagle can see features a long ways off, a turtle head sicking out of the ground = something placed in the ground may be 1/2 mile off or more, a owl carved they can see good at night or dim light= look for shadow figures near-by, lizard = look under a rock, that's just my opinion, nothing complicated, snake danger, deer tracks = safe trail, deer tracks with dew claws = danger,
Thanks for sharing your opinion with us Dusty.....that all sounds logical.....I'm sure that some sites have put their own "meaning" to these signs.....tweaked them a little you might say! You take care of yourself.....I live near Spfld Mo....I know that you were here in the 70's...would like to talk to you sometime......Take care.....Steve

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty said:
Hello Steve,yes I remember you kids dashing too and fro so fast its a wonder that the grass didn't catch on fire. This is a prayer request for you and all the members of the Armed Forces to keep them safe and to keep their families and friends in Gods hand always. Thank you for your service, The war your are fighting is very important for us as a nation and the world. It is a privilege to post something that will bring a bit of home for you, wonderful children you have, lots of Missouri in them, character, honesty, determination. Thank You Steve all of us appreciate what you are doing, looks like theres lots of rocks over there also. Thanks Dusty
[/quote
Thanks for the prayer Dusty....But its you oldtimers (A compliment) who get my praise for sharing your boots on the ground experiences with us. What you learned in years of following false trails and finding empty holes...etc...etc....and now sharing....Will pay off for one of us novices one day....It already has for me...not in the monetary sense....but in adventure and adrenalin rushes....Take Care, Steve

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A blast from the past... †††

"Originally Posted by dsty
The rectangle holes are approx 20 inches wide, 18 inches deep and approx 40 inches long, they med-flight me to OKC for a visit to the hosp, sorry about removing my post but it just got to be too much trouble, It is my opinion that a elephant carries a big load for a long distance, a eagle can see features a long ways off, a turtle head sicking out of the ground = something placed in the ground may be 1/2 mile off or more, a owl carved they can see good at night or dim light= look for shadow figures near-by, lizard = look under a rock, that's just my opinion, nothing complicated, snake danger, deer tracks = safe trail, deer tracks with dew claws = danger"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread