Newbie saying Hello

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to all. The name I selected is ScrewcapRoy. I just recently purchased an M6. Thanks Don for a great deal. I decided on the M6 because I am located South of Boston Mass and wanted a machine that worked well at the beach and in parks etc.

I am happy with the M6 and just learning the machine. I have been looking at this site for a couple of months and all of your input has been very helpful. If I have half of the success that each of you have been displaying, I will be a very happy man.

Since I have had my machine I have found a pair of silver loop earrings, not real silver but excited when I found them on the beach. I have also found a very small amount of clad. I am still working the discrimination and sens. I can't believe all of the trash in the tot lots and at the beach. It amazes me how much stuff people leave behind. If anyone has an M6 and I know a few of you do, any tips will be greatly appreciated.

How I chose my name? When I purchased my M6 my wife said to my children that your father has a few screws loose under his cap. Also, one of the beaches I visited contained a large amount of Corona screwcaps which I had no problem finding. Thus the name screwcap. Now I know how Pulltab Steve feels. So I just wanted to introduce myself and I hope to be reporting some good finds and catch up with some of you. I know that is a big task but I am up for the challenge. HH Roy

Welcome to TNet Screwcap....Hmmmm...think my wife said about the same thing..reckon a lot of wives have that impression...I don't have a machine like yours but I'm sure you will get a lot of information from folks on here that has one. HH and will be waiting to see some of your finds.HH

Welcome - this is a great place. I'm addicted. I can't wait for things to quiet down at my office every morning so that I can "tune in" and see the latest discoveries that have been posted. Looking forward to seeing your finds!

Welcome from Texas Screwcap! You will find a lot of help and support here.
It is addicting though, I can't seem to not look...

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

and another welcome from the UK :)

Welcome Screcap. I now what you mean about those screwcaps at the beach. My detector makes a distinct sound when I detect one of those and I don't dig them that much anymore. Now those square pull tabs? They still get me sometimes and I usually know what they are when I hear them.

Welcome new TNet member...

I trust that you will find this forum extremely exciting and very interesting not to mention somewhat addictive.

"Somewhat" mind be too mild of a term.

Looking forward to your posts... Keep us informed!

HH from MM

Welcome from Tennessee. Great name you picked. I sort of got my name at work. I used to like to pull practical jokes so you can see where the name came from. My brother had the same name and for the same reason, lol!!!

Attachments

• license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 86
  • license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    license_20070506191514_50783.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 88
[glow=red,2,300]HEY THERE ScrewcapRoy

Attachments

• ghcjhgh.gif
    ghcjhgh.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 129