Newbie to TH

rcatlette

Dec 28, 2007
North Middletown KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hello all, My name is Randy Catlette I'm 41 and retired from the U.S Army currently working for the Scott County Fire Dept in Georgetown Ky, I live in North Middletown out in Bourbon County. Just talked my wife into getting a metal detector which I've wanted for a long while. I ended up getting a Whites XLT from a vendor out of MT. Sterling I'm supposed to pick it up either Friday or Monday. I been lurking here for a while reading about all the outstanding finds and trips you guys have made. Hopfully my lurking has come to and end, and I can be more of a participate. Although I have zero experience using a MT I have plans on detecting a local school and some farm land my uncle owns. Ive read about Pro"s trip to the Middle East which is awesome I did a year in the Sinai in Egypt, with trips into Te la Viv and Jerusalem along with some diving down south along Sharmel sheik in the Red Sea really pristine waters. I hope to get to know some of the locals around here that may possibly help me as far as technique and such. Well hope everyone has a happy Newyear and look forward to a prospers 2008. Randy

K

Kentucky Kache

Welcome to T'net. You are in a good area, old places everywhere. I hope you have a camera.

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Welcome aboard !! Good Luck, and thanks for your service.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Welcome.jpg
It's great to have you with us, Randy! Keep posting!

Attachments

• Welcome.jpg
    Welcome.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 222

cliff dfx

Mar 26, 2007
falmouth KY
Detector(s) used
dfx /xlt
welcome to Tnet, the xlt is a great mt talk to sonny60 he has a xlt and has a great program he uses,

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Hey! Im an Engineer myself but I guess you guys are needed to. Just kiddin! I just learned today dont even think of going onto school property in KY. The police here say its crimal tresspassing and they do arrest MD'rs for it. I would definatly check it out first.

Ian

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Welcome to Tnet. Your going to love MD'ing! All our local schools have fences around them. Might should take Ian's advice. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread