A "KAINTUCK" IN ISRAEL - Part 2 INCREDIBLE PHOTOS!

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
A "KAINTUCK" IN ISRAEL - Part 2 INCREDIBLE PHOTOS!

Okay, fellow Kaintucks and all the visitors to the Kentucky forum...

Finally it looks like I will be able to post the amazing pictures that I took in Israel in October of this year (07). Sorry it took so long for my "picture savvy" to catch up with the new camera I used to take them. I think you will find, however, that the old saying "better late than never" definitely applies here! What you are about to see is just about enough to give a coin/relic hunter a heart attack or a nervous breakdown!! :o

I intend to post a total of 8 pictures in Part 2 of this topic. They were all taken at the ruins of the 2000 year old city of Caesarea (Maritima) on the Mediterannean Sea in the Northwestern part of the country. The first two are long-range shots showing some of the banks of the ruins along the beaches. The other six photos are close-ups taken of those banks and showing THOUSANDS of the TRILLIONS of UN-EXCAVATED artifacts that are just sticking right out of those banks. And... if you can wrap your mind around this fact... those banks full of untouched artifacts are approx. 1/2 mile long and 20 to 30 feet high!!!

There are actually Roman coins visible in most of those six photos just sticking out of the bank where they have been trapped for almost 2000 years. Some photos have more than one coin visible and one has a bronze spear or arrow head showing (The spear head is at the bottom middle of the photo numbered 0169).
Have fun trying to spot them... a hint: they are all made of bronze and thus have that characteristic patina with shades of dark green, turquoise and black covering their surfaces. Some coins are on edge... some are on their sides. Feel free to copy and blow up the pics on your own computer, if you know how to do that, to aid in your visual search for the coins.

This is what a 2000 year old dump site looks like in Israel. Notice the remains of rock floors built on top of artifacts... one is made of square mosaic tiles and has a layer of artifacts on top of it and then another later wall built on top of it all... with, yep, MORE artifacts on top of that.

Hope you all enjoy these. Let me know if you would like to see more photos from that trip and I will post more under the heading of A"KAINTUCK" IN ISRAEL -Part 3. ~ DC

NOTE: THE PICS POSTED HERE ARE STILL LARGE... SO YOU CAN SEE MORE OF THE DETAIL SO GIVE THEM TIME TO LOAD. ~ DC

Attachments

• SANY0158.JPG
    SANY0158.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 395
  • SANY0175.JPG
    SANY0175.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 369
  • SANY0172.JPG
    SANY0172.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 388
  • SANY0170.JPG
    SANY0170.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 383
  • SANY0169.JPG
    SANY0169.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 389
  • SANY0167.JPG
    SANY0167.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 409
  • SANY0166.JPG
    SANY0166.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 394
  • SANY0161.JPG
    SANY0161.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 398
K

Kentucky Kache

Re: A "KAINTUCK" IN ISRAEL - Part 2 INCREDIBLE PHOTOS!

Nice pics there pro. Do show more.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

If you resize the photos to 800x600 or less it shrinks the space used and makes it easier for people to view the whole thing without scrolling or changing their screen resolution.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 349
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 352
OP
OP
AnOldPro

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6

Thanks Blinky.... good suggestion!

I believe that I can do that but won't have the time until this coming weekend.

DC

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI

:o Holy Moly! That's pretty darn amazing. Thanks for the great pics.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900

Nice pics Dorian ;D
I bet there is more to this story ;)

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions