Newbie to the forum...hi everyone!

C

ceruleanblue

It's a rainy day here in Maine, nothing better to do than peruse the forums. My older brother was visiting this weekend so I took him out to a few spots I go around here. Wasn't as productive a visit as I had hoped. We began at an old farmhouse in Wells where, earlier in the spring I had dug a 1942 nickel, 2 Indian Heads (1908, other yet to be determined) and a 1907 Large cent. We came up with only some wheaties and various junk. We then went to an old cemetary....bunch of bottle caps and a couple clad, but it's a vast expanse of old farmland, there has to be some old foundations out there, I will be back. On to a friend's house in Biddeford. The history we got was that the road it was on was originally the railroad bed and the original house was constructed in approx. 1830. We had a field day with wheat pennies, I had dug a dozen or so before we left, I also found a bunch of clad and a child's ring. With all those wheaties, there has to be some silver! Our final destination was in Saco at Thornton Academy (Est. 1811), we only got in about an hour of hunting before the rain came. The place is littered with clad, we probably came up with a few dollars worth in the time we were there.

This reflects most of my outings, the only other notable for this spring is a place I located after viewing an old map of Sanford, Maine at the Library of Congress website (they have some spectacular maps scanned in at high res., you can zoom right in for the details). On this map, I noted an open field area labeled "Cricket Fields". I searched out the location and discovered that in was in an area that was being excavated for new construction, with permission, I detected and came up with a 1916 wheatie and a 1920 Canadian Large cent. (later it yielded another wheatie-1920)

So many places, so little time!!

Hope this wasn't too wordy for my inaugural post, but just wanted to share.

HH All!!

Terri

PS Love reading about all the various finds....keeps my interest piqued!!

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Welcome Terri. It was maybe not as good as you hoped but there are a lot on here that would love to change places with ya. Congrats on your finds and hope to see some pics soon. stoney56

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Not too wordy! Sounds like you have some great places to hunt! Welcome to the forum, this is a great place!

P.S.
Do you have a digital camera?

OP
OP
C

ceruleanblue

I do have a camera....it's just the figuring out how to get detailed photos that has me stumped.... lol!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome ce!! You will find tons of good info and people on here. First post was fine. Fill us in on your finds and check out what the rest of us find.

R

rusty nails

is that a 1916 S (wheat) ? Welcome to the TN forum - I dont find allot but I have fun doing it :-X Lefty

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terri, welcome to the forum. Are you an artist? That sounds like an oil paint color.

What detector do you use? It sounds like you have good results with it.

If you have a scanner or a camera, we would love to see pictures.

Haupin

F

Floater

Excellent first post and from someone in Maine My old stomping grounds. Welcome to the forum. Great Storys .We would love to see some pics. Do you have photo shop or paint? Let us know and we will walk you threw it quickly. Piece of cake. HH and thanks for the post. Were all really nice the first time in . Its the second time you need to produce or else. ;D LOL Just kiddin. Welcome.

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Glad to hear about your finds! Welcome to the forum, you have found a bunch of really knowledgable people here who are always ready with a kind word and some great suggestions!

vicki

OP
OP
C

ceruleanblue

No, not an artist, an X-files fan.? Cerulean blue is from the episode "The Pusher".
I do have the graphics programs I need, it's actually the taking of the picture to show the details that I need to figure out.? I will definately give it a shot, but for now...it's bedtime!

PS White's DFX, still very much learning the machine.

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Welcome Terri,
Sounds like some great finds. Keep going back to the spots that you have already hunted. You will be amazed at what continues to come out of the ground. I'm convinced that a site is never "worked out". Keep us posted.
BRD

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum.................and congrats.........We look forward to more of your posts......................H.H.

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

WELCOME,and thanks for a great post,keep up the good work,ARCOM ;D ;D ;D

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story,

welcome aboard!

HH

Lonewolfe

RI-JenW

Feb 23, 2005
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HH? :D

Attachments

• welcome_mouse.gif
    welcome_mouse.gif
    66.4 KB · Views: 142

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
WELCOME to you,your in a state with much history hope to see some great finds and pic,s soon.HH

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome neighbor !! We have had so much rain lately I think I'm beginning to mildew .
Mojjax

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread