Newbie with a question

gabesdad09

Aug 6, 2014
West Pittston, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I am totally new to the Native American artifact hunting field and went today for a small walk along the banks of the Susquehanna River in West Pittston. Our area is rich in Native American history from the books and stories that I have found. I really am not too sure on how to go about the hunting and was hoping there are others in the area that enjoy the hunt as well. My family has documented historical roots with Native American blood in them, and the relics fascinate me....My question is... I found this odd rock down on the river bank today. It is definitely stone, and there are clearly worn grooves completely around the rock. Does anyone know if this could be Native American related? DSC_0361.JPG DSC_0362.JPG DSC_0364.JPG DSC_0366.JPG

Upvote 0

mizzoufan96

Apr 14, 2013
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally think there was a separate, softer mineral in that rock previously and it eroded away. It looks natural to me.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally think there was a separate, softer mineral in that rock previously and it eroded away. It looks natural to me.

gabesdad09
user-online.png
new.gif

hey hey new friend the 2nd poster is correct IMHO
you are welcome here and please ask questions, learn and have much fun by studying this hobby
post your images and ask for opinions there are many interesting shapes and kinds of materials everywhere and fun to pick them up and save them..........
......keep your eyes on the ground and look for old sites in your area and you will eventually score

OP
OP
G

gabesdad09

Aug 6, 2014
West Pittston, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys! Was hoping for beginner's luck, but guess not. I searched the river bank and there was a huge flood that came through several years ago, and nothing, even a few parts of the town, aren't the same.... I have an idea where I want to go next, just have to try again....

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site and at times I like to use Google Earth. It will give you birds eye view of the area you want to look. Once you have learned how to use it you might find some artifacts. Check the creeks that join the river go upstream on the creeks they should be hot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread