Newbie with some questions

icon_xof

Sep 4, 2011
Howdy all,
Ok, so I tried sifting through the forum and google and the search functino on this site wouldn'y work for me for whatever reason, so please forgive if this is a double post :dontknow:
Anyway, I have a few boxes of old electronic kids toys and circuit boards (used to be into circuit bending but there's no money in it like scrapping) and I was wondering besides the wiring what would be worth seperating out. Will metal recyclers take PCBs by the pound? Or would it be worth my time to rip out every little transformer and inductor?
Also, I have a bunch of old phone lines scattered throughout my house. Is it worth the time to strip or should I just throw it in the coated wire pile?
I also have about 6 digital cable converters. I believe the shells are steel, but would they be worth tearing apart? If so what would I want to dig out of them?
And is there a rule of thumb for what gauge wire to strip and not to strip? I don't want to spend hours stripping thin circuit wires for pretty shiney copper if it's not gonna make a difference to throw it in with the coated wire pile.
Hmmmm... I thought I had more questions but I guess that's enough for now, lol.
BTW, this is a great forum from what I've read so far. You guys crack me up :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread