CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Welcome Kenny! Congrats on the BH! You are in the right place to pick up tips. My best tip is to dig everything to learn your machine. Reading all you can here will also help the learning curve, like the reviews section for your machine. There is also lots of good research available for possible sites. Have fun and good luck to you!

OP
OP
K

kenny1

Greenie
Dec 27, 2007
south arkansas
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
went out just to see and dug up a copper piece to a harmonica and a old copper or brass tea or coffee pot
i need to get a camra.this web site is great i learned alot before i even got my detector.here in camden theres lots of history here.some battles and campsites from the war was here as well as henry desoto
and indians. im sure theres lots of stuff burried here.ill keep you posted on my finds.

happy hunting! kenny

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Welcome kenny, I always look forward to seeing how your gonna die from episode to episode.
Sounds like you have the drive to be a true treasure hunter. If you start to dig interesting stuff then YES, you do need to get a camera!! One of the most evil things a man can do is tell someone of there great finds but show no pictures. ;D Keep us informed on the progress!! 8) 8)

P.S. Kick cartman in the nuts for me would you!!!

randyinarkansas

Nov 2, 2007
Fayetteville
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250
Hi kenny! welcome to the hobbie. The one tip i can give you is don't get discouraged, you will dig lots of junk. When you find that first old coin or relic, it'll be worth it! Good Luck

Arkie John

Feb 8, 2007
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250; Explorer; Excalibur II
Hey Kenny; Research Poison Springs, Marks Mill and...

...anything dealing with the Red River Campaign.

There's still a bunch of unrecovered stuff in the woods around Camden. If I lived there, I would get in to CW relic hunting again. It ain't Virginia, but it is the best you'll find in Arkansas.

Lots of luck,

aj

PS There was a winter camp at Princeston, if you're interested. Go to the History Commission at Little Rock and look at their old maps, made by the yanks during the CW. They will allow you to copy them for a small fee.

I found lots of stuff north of Camden but never got to close to Camden--just too far for me to go. I live in Hot Springs now and hunt primarily swimming areas.

cromeboat

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2008
Heber Springs AR
Detector(s) used
XLT,bounty hunter 202,and commando,white XLT
Sandy swiming areas the easyest to get started I just started MDing and went to the same swiming area 2 and find lots of change and it will help you figure the detector out. be carefull this is very very addictive hobbie,sport,lifestyle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread