OP
curtismstang

curtismstang

Jun 30, 2008
Louisa County, VA
Detector(s) used
BH Landstar
To all posts on this topic of Hall's Tavern,
I went by the site Saturday morning on my way out of town and just to let everyone know, the Tavern has been moved. Looks like about a week or so ago. Large trees still standing near where the tavern was located and the white fence around the site. Fairly large hole dug from around the tavern, I guess so they could get under it and jack it up. A few "No Trespassing" signs on the fence and tree, but thats about it. I'm thinking of getting over there this weekend and see what happens. No sign of any construction in the area yet, looks like it might be awhile also. The land has had people riding 4 wheelers on it also by looks of the trails. Might be no problems. Who's game?????????

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Good luck with the detecting Curtis. If it were nearer I would be game, but I cannot find the time to get out in my own area. Between the beyond hot and humid temps to storms in the evening, I just can't get out. I hope I can step out tonight when I get off work and do a little detecting. Keep us posted on your finds. I'm already envious of your IH penny find, so bring on some more envy!

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm game. Let's do it.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Curtis/RJH02, If y'all go digging this weekend at the site of the tavern, keep us updated on your finds!

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We went there. There was alot of metal trash everywhere and rock hard ground . Most of the property is covered with 3ft tall weeds, too difficult to detect at this time.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
That's too bad to hear. I was looking forward to some good finds. It may be beneficial to hit it after a good storm or even stalk the bulldozers in the evening once they have finished for the day once they begin work there.

Ghalt

Greenie
Aug 3, 2008
This maybe a naive question, but:

if there are "no trespassing" signs, how do you go there? aren't you worried that mr. policeman will show up and sieze your gear?

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had an honor system lemonade stand as a decoy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread