Newer Park...Oldest Find Yet

misiek

Nov 2, 2007
Plattsburgh,NY & Mississauga,Ontario
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
With my brother leaving today to go back home(Canada) for our college thanksgiving break, we thought we would go to this newer park in our small city (Plattsburgh,NY). He was there for 3 hours before and found only 21 pennies..just pennies haha. So we walk over to the dog training-pit sort of thing filled with sand and we found 4 quarters laying there. Awesome start for us and our Silver Umax as our best clad total for a day was 1.74$. Then we found found a nickel and a penny. We walked over to a small fenced baseball field with bleechers behind the cage and two small "hills" behind, one behind each bleecher. We spent 3 hours going through the second one as we just kept finding pocket spills. One was just pennies. I think about 12 pennies. Another quarter spill. In total we found 50 coins and total of 5.13$ in change
The best part is that we also managed to find a 1905 barber dime by itself, not in a spill on top of the hill (20 feet by 5 feet). Not sure how it got there but its quality is atleast an 8,although Im not sure if LIBERTY is visible. Anyways it was really fun but my brother took the detector with him to hunt in parks in Ontario. With Canadian currency being stroger than American, and having more coin-denominations, we thought maybe luck will be on our side. We also found a loonie on that hill. Our second one. Do the barber dimes have silver in them? Probably not..oh well. Wouldve been my first silver as this was our 7th or 8th time detecting.

28 Pennies
3 dimes+1 1905
4 nickels
13 quarters
1 loonie
HH and Happy Thanksgiving.
PS. Dont spend all you clad in one place on Black Friday : )

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
barber dimes are most definitely silver! do you have a scanner? i would love to see a picture of the dime! congrats on some great finds!

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good work, i have a camp in willsboro! its a great place up there, but i bet its quite cold in the winter!

ATGHunter

Nov 18, 2007
The real winter hasnt even started yet and i had to wear gloves,double socks, two pairs of pants. Yea I got a scanner. It good quality but there are a few 'blackish' spots on it...I'll scan it tomorrow.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great totals, and it sounds like you all had a good time, WTG!!!
Yep,, the Barber dime is a good find, it's what they call 90% silver...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread