Nice 1875 IH, other keepers, good times

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Visited four different sites this weekend. My last and best find came at the last site that I only hunted for 20 minutes as it was getting dark. My mom had been reminding me of a light switch that needed to be replaced at her house so I decided Sunday would be a good day to do it. Nate’s homework situation was looking pretty good so he decided to tag along. So we get there and Nate starts detecting. My wife and I have a pleasant visit with my mom and I replaced the switch. I was not really planning on doing any metal detecting but as there was only about 20 minutes of daylight left decided what the heck. So I go out and Nate is grinning. He informs me that he has found “some good stuff”. ::) So that gets me going. Five minutes later he announces Indian Head! Holy Crap – how could we have missed that after hunting this small area so many times? Well Nate tells me that it was a total iorn signal. So, that gets me thinking – I’m digging any good iornish signal. Ten minutes later I get an iffy signal that I unearth and wipe off enough dirt to see the headdress of a familiar figure – an IH. Sweet! ;D Was even more excited when I washed it off and read 1875. I don’t find a lot of IH’s so this one is special.

Oct22IH_400.jpg

Other two hunts on Saturday – Nate talked me out of plan A (was going to be too wet). We did plan B and Nate found a nice silver ring and silver charm. I found a couple wheats. So I dropped Nate off for his Cross Country Meet and went back to plan A. It was a soupy mess but I was happy as I pulled a merc and silver rosie in a couple hours. The one silver dime I had to fish out of 3-4 inches of water. :P I dug the 4 inch plug and the hole immediately filled up with 3 inches of water. And the coin was still in the hole. That was a first for me.
Other stuff from last Sunday came from a hunt with a friend down in Wooster Ohio(Don). He got permission to hunt a couple old houses. It was a great day even though both Don and Nate put the silver skunk on me. Also, Nate found that V nickel that had my name on it not 10 feet from where I was detecting .
October22totals800.jpg

Oct15thWheats_800.jpg

October15tokens.jpg

Couple of other pics from our hunt with Don. First is Nate digging either another merc or my V-Nickel. Other is Don porch diving.
Natediggingonhill800.jpg

DonwithCat800.jpg

Conditions are great for us right now and it is a great time to be out detecting. :) Good luck all!

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
That IH is really in great condition as well as your other finds! Looks like a great weekend!
Glad you are a die hard hunter ...even in the mud! WTG

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job guys. Thats what makes this hobby a blast to do...A two big thumbs up again for you 2

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 410
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 418

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Real nice finds Mirage.

The 75 looks great. That is a nice one to find and have. It held up great. That one didn't circulate to long. The deeper they get the funnier they read.

They will almost hit as iron and sound like it also. I dig anything I can pinpoint.

HH Jer

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mirage...congrat's on the find's and the site....you would have never known,I'm going through the list of relative's and marking down the older site's as we speak...Thank's for the post and HH!!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4th picture looks like don is having a sweet talking with the kitty
while it umm well er hehehehehhe
i found a 1875 in june it was a toated green blob good score ;)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great IH....! Why do those 1875's come out so nice........Great find and nice haul! This is the only 1875 I found and like yours its in great shape!

Attachments

• 1875-Indian Head 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    1875-Indian Head 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 378
  • 1875-Indian Head 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    1875-Indian Head 001 Medium Web view.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 368

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Seeker said:
Great IH....! Why do those 1875's come out so nice........Great find and nice haul! This is the only 1875 I found and like yours its in great shape!
GRRRR :D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post and pics Mirage, that IH sure is in great coindition! About that 12" Hot Shot coil, it does get a little deeper and seems to be more sensitive than the stock 950 coil and obviously a little more coverage. Thanks for the post and HH, Mike

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Mirage that is awesome. Very nice looking old IH. Congratulations on those great finds and the good time you and your friend had.

In regards to how did we miss. I cringe to know what all I have walked over and didn't find. I think perhaps it is always better off to not know unless its you or a friend pulling it out. When that guy showed me the whopping 18k men's ring that the rain uncovered about 1 foot from where I stopped detecting. Well LoL I wish I had just not known about it.

Keep them great finds a comin!!

Postalrevnant

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Bob! Nice pictures as always. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time.

If ever there was an endorsement to dig those 'iffy' signals, your post is it.

HH,
Chris

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Indian Head Mirage. Man that sure is a nice coin. I'd rate that
at XF. It is in very good condition. Most of the ones I've been finding
here lately the liberty is off the headdress. Again congratulations on a
GREAT FIND.

I think Nate keep you hopping now, that he has become such a
good detectorist. Both of you are really finding some neat finds.

HH< Ringfinder

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
That is one awesome indian Mirage! Cool that it came from an area you had already hunted hard.

Nate looks so much like my digging buddy I had 20-some years ago when *I* was 16 that seeing him digging a target gives me weird flashbacks. LOL

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like u had an aweosme day to me....very kool finds :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions