nice dime box!

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
scooted around town today picking up dime boxes. three banks. three boxes. each box was CWI.

opened the first box. dang!!! an ENTIRE BOX OF 2008-P ROSIES! no bling in that thing.

opened the second box. 50 rolls later...skunk. man...this ain't goin' well at all.

hesitantly opened the third box with very little expectation. second roll...hey, isn't that a merc? YES! oh well, at least one merc for my troubles. a few rolls later...a '64 rosie! cool. this might not be so bad after all.

long story short...that third box was awesome for a dime box! pulled 3 64-D's, 2 64 plains, a '62 plain, a 51 plain a 46-D and 2 '44 mercs, one plain, one D mm. to top it all off the last roll had a '45 canadian dime. BLING! even the foreign stuff is a keeper! no holes filled in my little dime books but hey...still keepers!

been a while since i'd seen a box like that, but i'll keep looking for the next one! \

by the way...can someone give me a good website that lists silver content of foreign coins? i have a few i'd like to research. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance and happy hunting folks!

Attachments

• 100_3381.JPG
    100_3381.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello,
Congrat's on your dime boxes. I havent found a merk yet. :-[
As for a web site to look up foriegn try, WORLDCOINGALLERY.com

Happy Hunting,
Jason

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the dime scores. I also searched dime boxes this year, was able to fill all but 12 holes in the silver Roosevelt folder. I also had good luck with CWI boxes, pulling multiple silvers out of single rolls. Keep at it and you may even find Barber dimes, as I pulled 6 in great shape. Several Mercs and also Canadian silver.

AMC

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congratulations. Dimes have been producing much better for me lately than anything else

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome box!!! :icon_pirat:

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I HATE those boxes of freshly minted coins. If I look in and I can tell they are new I will ask for a different box. Yeah the tellers give me wierd looks and are generally inconvenienced but at least I'm not wasting my time. I've also pulled 2 Merc's because I asked for different boxes. But Congrats, that averages more than 3 keepers a box so not bad at all.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score JI....excellent box! Especially the Mercs. They are kinda like the Walker of dimes to me.

I used to search dimes when I didn't have halves to search. They are fun....pulling those little silver wafers was exciting. BTW - great picture!!

Good luck on the next search. Keep em coming.................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread