Nice Haul for recently hit park

D REX

Greenie
Oct 21, 2005
Went to a local park in a neighboring town. Quiet area. Immediately started hitting Memorial cents next to some picnic areas, and wanted to go hit the playground areas to see what the kids left. An older gentleman feeding ducks told me that someone was already there last tuesday, and took a bag of goodies away with him. He suggested I hit the area next to the river, where everyone fishes. I took his advice and in 2 hours over a 25 x 25 area got a gang of coins. Best coin was a 1949 Wheat. Found several pre 82 coins, 4 quarters, one of them flattened, 2 dimes, and an iron ring, not sure what it is. Not to mention a Connect Four game piece that had a penny stuck on the inside. Also found one destroyed penny, too ruined to read the date or features but it reads like a new penny does. It was 9 inches down, and I got a strong hit on it. I am waiting for my whites Bullseye II to arrive so that I can find my coins easier in the holes I dig! Should be here Thursday, another projected 67 Degree day and am going to finish that park off.

Thought I would share with everyone. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• coins1.JPG
    coins1.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 447
Upvote 0

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Good for you!!!! Now you have to figure out what was going thru the other MDer's mind, and overcome his or her mentality.
Remember You have to set yourself away from other peoples mindsets to look in the right area. Just think about it.
Dano.

You have to go the extra mile, seems like your on the right track!!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

HH

Lonewolfe

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
D Rex,

nice haul. Hope on your next trip you do as well, or even better; with that wheat being there you could come up with some silver.

Real nice finds.

have a good un..........

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice haul pays to listen to them old timers.

HH Jeremy

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Were you able to get a date off the flattened quarter? It looks from here to be either recently flattened and dropped or silver. Seems pretty shiny to me!

OP
OP
D REX

D REX

Greenie
Oct 21, 2005
quarter is too flattened to get the date. It isnt silver, i looked at it from the side and it has that copper color so I am sure it is just a regular quarter. Found it under the turf in plain sight on Tuesday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions