Have a Seat Bigrig!!!

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
I SCORED MY FIRST SEATED COIN!!!!!!!!!!!It is a 1887s seated liberty dime.The condition is great.Me and knorrski were hunting tonite at a rec center/park that used to be a school from 1850 to 1925 and during WW2 was a dance hall for GI's.We have hunted the park area and the back of the rec center with average success with clad and knorrski found a wheat there before.Wheats are always a good measuring tool for us to define how hard the are is hunted and how old a property may be.Anyways, I went to the front of the rec center and found a wheatie.I started to hunt the strip between the sidewalk and the road when a small boy came up to see what I was doing and the next signal was 4in deep penny/dime reading on my MXT and out came the seated dime!I was and am still in awe.Wasn't expecting it at all.From that moment on I gave the boy all my clad,about 15 more coins.Thanks for reading.I am a happy bigrig!!

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• seated front.jpg
    seated front.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 487
  • seated back.jpg
    seated back.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 487
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats bigrig,

The FIRST is always the Hardest.

& they Usually Come in Pairs.

Must be more there.

Jeff

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats BigRig. I know the feeling. I found a 1891 S over the weekend. It wasn't my first but I still remember the first one.

The one I found shocked me too. Got a plus 79 at 1 inch. Expecting a clad dime even though I was in a old area and out it popped. They are one beautiful coin.

You'll find more now.

HH Jeremy

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Absolutely beautiful BigRig!! Congratulations on your first! I'm still looking for mine and I know I'm on the right path!!

Happy Hunting,

Moon

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
man!! look at the detail on that thing! awesome find bigrig! it looks like it was dropped right after it was minted!

L

lancemxt2006

great find. i use an MXT also, i only have one seated dime on my record to. awesome find...

HH lance

Crutch

Sep 1, 2005
Springfield Tennessee
Detector(s) used
DFX / Eagle II SL 90
That is a beautiful coin. I'm happy for you. I really like being able to just look at the older designs. Can't wait to see your next old un.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions