mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, hope everyone's doing ok. Made a bank stop after work today to buy some cents. Saw a stack of silver in the teller's tray and asked to buy them. He had no problem selling them to me and said an elderly couple brought them in. They ended up all being silver quarters. The oldest was a 1929 Standing Liberty and the latest was 1964. He also said the same couple brought in rolls of quarters but he had already sold them to customers. I had fantasies of what might have been in those rolls.
He also had rolls of cents in his tray from the same couple. The writing on the rolls probably tells it all but I haven't opened them yet. I did open one unmarked roll and it was all wheats except for a 1962 memorial cent. The oldest in that roll was a 1917-D. I asked if they brought anything else in but he didn't seem to think so.
The teller i spoke with does expect the same couple to come back with more rolls. I'll check back at this bank in a few days and maybe a few days after that. Thanks for reading. Good luck in your searches everyone. It is out there! MM2

Attachments

• DSCN4513.JPG
    DSCN4513.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN4516.JPG
    DSCN4516.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN4518.JPG
    DSCN4518.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mountainman2,
Great score. Glad to see you and Maine_Jim show all the younger members that...It's still
out there." Hope you didn't have much damage from Hurricane Sandy. Where I grew up
on the Jersey shore...they got blasted. I still can't believe the photos on you-tube.
Stay well ole'timer and congrats again.
rileyboy and Riley
Rileyboy, good to hear from you. No damage to our home but I did damage my vehicle attempting to get into work that Tuesday morning. Hit a downed tree and shattered my windshield among other things. Still fortunate considering those poor folks down at the Jersey shore, things down there won't return to normal for some time. I appreciate all the comments. Hope you all get your Christmas silver early. MM2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions