Nice Local Token And Some Brass

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I decided to play in some dirt for a bit this evening, and ended up with a few keepers. I'd never found a toe tap before, and came up with part of one. I fantasized about what that big brass piece was, but it doesnt appear to be anything cool. The keeper of the day was a local bakery token that i ended up finding out the location of, dating from 1862-1915

Attachments

• IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0828.JPG
    IMG_0828.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 75
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 'nick' in the token look to be a method of cancelling its worth? (normally done over here with a nail hole)

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, John. Sidewalk tearout? I did only slightly better down there when they were closer to the river. Found a whole toe tap, small fragment of a 2 or 3 ringer, some rivets and a oil lamp top. Keep meaning to get back by there but something always comes up. Good hunting my friend! Brad.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice token, I've been going through token withdrawal lately.
Nice to see someone getting some.
I think Crusader is correct, looks to be a form of cancelling.
I've dug them with what appears to be someone taking a ball-peen hammer to them.
Nice uni-face!
Carl

mikeshayne

Jul 24, 2011
Missouri
Nice find Missouri John, a business token has always been on my short list of things to find. Every year I seem to find one or two Missouri sales tax tokens in rough condition. I am sure you have plenty of those as well. Keep swinging and finding.

OP
OP
Missouri_John

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Yeah Brad, i found all that stuff in about 30 minutes at the tearout. I think there's still enough good dirt mixed in with the fill to find a few more things. That was actually my first trip down there, and it payed off

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread