Nice teller tray score today.

red89

Feb 28, 2012
'Murica
Primary Interest:
Other
$13 bucks total in halves from the tray produced a 1964 (my first 90%er from a teller tray) a 1966, and a gold plated restamped 1982 (on the left side of jfk's face is 1960 and on the left is 1980)

Easiest half ounce of silver pickup I've had in a while.

Brings me a little over 31 oz for the year which is 9 oz below my gol for the year (I started in feb but im gonna just count the "year" as the end of december to make the rest of my finds by year easier to count). Not bad for a low volume guy like myself. Keep stackin and Happy Hunting/thanksgiving-eve everyone! May the turkey gods bless you with silver this thanksgiving!

Attachments

• igLZ7.jpg
    igLZ7.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great score!! Im curious, how do you go about asking for the teller tray coins? Asking for loose halfs do the trick? Like if you look down and see that there is silver in their little sorter thing do you just say "hey can i have those coins?" or are you more nonchalant and say "got any halfs?"? thanks in advance! happy tday!

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OnARoll said:
great score!! Im curious, how do you go about asking for the teller tray coins? Asking for loose halfs do the trick? Like if you look down and see that there is silver in their little sorter thing do you just say "hey can i have those coins?" or are you more nonchalant and say "got any halfs?"? thanks in advance! happy tday!

I just ask for halves, usually their more than happy to let you buy them account or not.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I just ask for halves, usually their more than happy to let you buy them account or not.

If they ever pull any BS on you such as "Oh you need to be a member/ have an account with us" Or in my case lately, "We don't have any, and if we did, we would not give them to you, because you arn't a member" , Simply say what I said, "And you can be assured I never will be". Take it a step further and ask to speak with their manager, and go on and tell them about how you changed your mind about opening an account.

Onaroll, don't expect every bank to have halves in their teller trays, and word of caution, if they use the line, "Not today", they probably buy them out their-selves, meaning there wont (ever) be any at those banks (at least in my experience).

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50cent said:
If they ever pull any BS on you such as "Oh you need to be a member/ have an account with us" Or in my case lately, "We don't have any, and if we did, we would not give them to you, because you arn't a member" , Simply say what I said, "And you can be assured I never will be". Take it a step further and ask to speak with their manager, and go on and tell them about how you changed your mind about opening an account.

Onaroll, don't expect every bank to have halves in their teller trays, and word of caution, if they use the line, "Not today", they probably buy them out their-selves, meaning there wont (ever) be any at those banks (at least in my experience).

Good tips, i have had a teller over the phone ask me "are you looking for silver?", i thoughts that was weird and it made things awkward fast.. I will always skip that bank from now on! I called 20 banks today and most of them said "no I'm sorry we don't.." or that a customer grabbed them up already yesterday, thanks!

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Or.....You can not act like a prick and just politely say "Thank you" and walk out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread