Nice weekend - 3 holes, 3 silvers, first silver ring, clad spill - help with 2 relics

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my friends, haven't had anything to share recently due to lots of rain and I became a business owner and job creator! Was able to get out to a few spots over the weekend and I'm glad I did ... The silver just keeps coming my way

Friday night and Saturday started off to be a clad fest but I racked up some battery money totaling about $4.00 ... Still good but not what I was looking for. Then at my last site of the day on Saturday night before it got dark I finally found my first silver ring. A set myself a metal detecting goal this month to find some jewelry and mission accomplished

image.jpg

Weighs in at 4.38 grams of 925 silver. I also found an old tin box that I have no clue what it is. Any help?
image.jpg image.jpg
And I found this thing. About 2 inches wide, 3 inches long. It's really neat and cool looking and it seems to maybe from something that possibly pours liquid out of something - no clue? The rounded top center piece is screwed in and the nonrusted side has a hallow tube running back through to the other side. Any idea?

image.jpg

Then Sunday was a fun day. I started out of the house built in 1917 and found 11 cents in the front yard lol finding nothing but junk in the backyard I moved off the property by the pump house and hit a clad spill. My target rang up as a Dime and I dug it because I had found nothing all day so far and wound up pulling $.98 out of one hole with one wheat
image.jpg

Moving onto my next target. Had way more success - my first three holes were all three silver coins. I dug my first two silver quarters I've ever found and a silver Rosie
image.jpg
1937 quarter
image.jpg
Rosie 1962
image.jpg
1960 quarter

As always, thanks stopping by and digging my digs! Have fun out there:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
Upvote 11

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure the 2nd unidentified relic is a valve from a gas lamp. Nice finds.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First unidentified object may be a cigarette case?? I agree that the second item is a gas valve.
Congrats on the silver ring and the silver coins.

OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys that makes perfect sense about the gas lamp

Yeah I'm thinking the other box is some kind a cigarette case too. It's got the makers stamp on there but I can't find anything about them online

OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do y'all like that xp deus? Carolina Tom has pretty much convinced me that it should be my next metal detector and I am wishing I had the loot to buy one

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do y'all like that xp deus? Carolina Tom has pretty much convinced me that it should be my next metal detector and I am wishing I had the loot to buy one

I'm still learning it so I can't say for sure just yet. I must say the one major advantage I've found so far is the lightness/how compact it is. The wireless headphones and coil too....you can hunt for 12 hours straight and still not be tired. Going back to my whites machines, it's like night and day.

I have definitely found stuff in places I've hunted before. Not deeper objects, but those that have been hidden amongst iron. That's where the machine has stood out to me thus far...not with the depth. I'll attribute that to not knowing the machine too well.

Worth it? I think so. For the weight alone. The entire control panel is smaller than my cell phone.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say your weekend was well spent.That would be a great hunt for most of us.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice treasures. I really love the spigot/valve. As for the Deus.....save up all that clad and get yourself one. IMO the best overall machine on the market unless you're a relic or field hunter.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 silvers in 3 consecutive holes is awesome enough let alone pulling a fat silver ring and the other finds.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SWR I HAVE A PARTIAL CASE WITH THE SAME BEADING DESIGN BUT ITS WORSE THAN YOURS NOT SURE WHAT IT PURPOSE IS . NICE FINDS.

OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 silvers in 3 consecutive holes is awesome enough let alone pulling a fat silver ring and the other finds.

Man let me tell how excited I was. It was crazy and especially since those were my first two silver quarters I was stoked, and find my first silver ring was also a great feeling since I had accomplished my goal.

Now I'm going to start better learning the other side of my 350. I'm not digging enough nickels so I'm not finding gold and I've been trying to learn this hobby in small chunks instead of all of it at once. This way I can still go back to all my spots and dig those targets that I've discriminated against as well

Thanks sutphin, it rang up like big copper on my machine, I was hoping it was an old copper coin

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your first silver ring! Finding 3 silvers in a row...you can't beat that! Good Job!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt and congrats on the silvers. But with a username like yours I would expect you to be pulling out Lizzies instead of rosies :laughing7:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread