I Was Enlightened This Evening

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here I sit, like many days and evenings, reading the posts, particularly "Today's Finds". I like to post on all finds (especially those in the US) and provide supportive comments to others on the fruits of their passion. Tonight I noticed that some of our fellow Tnet members only post their digs and never comment on others. If you are one of those selfish members, do not expect more than a like from me going forward. No sense in me investing time commenting on your finds if you are not willing to put some time into giving some supporting comments to others. JMHO

My time is just as precious to me as your's is to you. 8-)

GL & HH

Upvote 40

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ones that get me are the ones who post...then get all sorts of reaction, but you never hear another word from them again... Then, on their next hunt, post, then disappear again.... over and over. Click on their profile, likes received=2105, likes given=0.

Makes me want to put them on ignore, but as of now, there is only one tool on my ignore list.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your spreadsheet must look like Santa's naughty and nice list lol

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ones that get me are the ones who post...then get all sorts of reaction, but you never hear another word from them again... Then, on their next hunt, post, then disappear again.... over and over. Click on their profile, likes received=2105, likes given=0.

Makes me want to put them on ignore, but as of now, there is only one tool on my ignore list.

so you are saying I'm on your list?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff, my man....You are NOT on my poopoo list... not sayin you're not on others though....:dontknow:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well it ain't for lack of trying

cowtipping1

Oct 26, 2015
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
Other
loco digger - i'm new to the forum, and honestly find it a bit hard to navigate. i started out in the coin roll hunting logs, which is isolated, and are logs, so i can see who is updating and I can comment on those. But I haven't found a metal detecting log. Are there such things? Or are people just reposting everytime they hunt?

also, will i be notified if you respond to this comment? or am I suppose to book mark it and keep checking back in to see?

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I completely agree! However I must say that I've had many times when I post something that I feel is pretty good, but before I know it the post is buried way down below the top due to certain people going through every single post and making basically the same comment on everyone's find....never to be seen again. As such, I've found myself not commenting on finds unless I have something worthwhile to add. I'd much rather see a thoughtful comment on something than a copy and paste response....

Last edited:

AndyE89

Nov 19, 2013
Cresco, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I fall into this category. I have been a member for a while, I just am now starting to post again and really have been guilty of lurking more than contributing.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I completely agree! However I must say that I've had many times when I post something that I feel is pretty good, but before I know it the post is buried way down below the top due to certain people going through every single post and making basically the same comment on everyone's find....never to be seen again. As such, I've found myself not commenting on finds unless I have something worthwhile to add. I'd much rather see a thoughtful comment on something than a copy and paste response....

I open the following forums in new tabs, What Is It?, General discussion, Metal Detecting, and a few Brands forums. These are easy to review and post on what has been added after my last visit since they are not as popular topics to post on. I then open up "Today's Finds" and some days I have to go through 4 pages to catch up. I will open up about 15 posts in new tabs at a time in order to post on others finds. For those who really enjoy this site and give freely their support and wisdom will do as I do in an attempt to stay current with post and provide support for those who ask. When it comes to pasting a post, to me it's far better than no posts. It shows that they've read and are acknowledging your post.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
loco digger - i'm new to the forum, and honestly find it a bit hard to navigate. i started out in the coin roll hunting logs, which is isolated, and are logs, so i can see who is updating and I can comment on those. But I haven't found a metal detecting log. Are there such things? Or are people just reposting everytime they hunt?

also, will i be notified if you respond to this comment? or am I suppose to book mark it and keep checking back in to see?
You will learn, heck I have been coming to this site for about 2 years and I still don't know everything. I found a routine that works for and have not subscribed to any post in quite some time. You will not be notified, but if the thread subject is bold it means there has been new comments since your last visit and if the subject is not bold, no new posts on the thread have occurred. You can see the threads you commented on if you see the green circle with the white check mark in it.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree we should all support both veteran and beginner detectorists with positive feedback. But, all posters on this site should use proper edicate when posting and responding. Keep it friendly and informative!

grasshopper

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2007
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I open the following forums in new tabs, What Is It?, General discussion, Metal Detecting, and a few Brands forums. These are easy to review and post on what has been added after my last visit since they are not as popular topics to post on. I then open up "Today's Finds" and some days I have to go through 4 pages to catch up. I will open up about 15 posts in new tabs at a time in order to post on others finds. For those who really enjoy this site and give freely their support and wisdom will do as I do in an attempt to stay current with post and provide support for those who ask. When it comes to pasting a post, to me it's far better than no posts. It shows that they've read and are acknowledging your post.

I absolutely see what you're saying. And I appreciate your efforts..people like you are what make this site great.

With me though I can't stand when someone just posts an emoji or something as a response. To me it's like they're not really acknowledging a find....just responding for the sake of responding. Just a difference of opinion I suppose...not trying to downplay the incredible efforts you and other members go into contributing to the community. Just putting my two cents out there. I simply don't have the time to do that, unless it's something I feel is really worth responding to.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I absolutely see what you're saying. And I appreciate your efforts..people like you are what make this site great.

With me though I can't stand when someone just posts an emoji or something as a response. To me it's like they're not really acknowledging a find....just responding for the sake of responding. Just a difference of opinion I suppose...not trying to downplay the incredible efforts you and other members go into contributing to the community. Just putting my two cents out there. I simply don't have the time to do that, unless it's something I feel is really worth responding to.

But you at least respond to some. Thanks

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree we should all support both veteran and beginner detectorists with positive feedback. But, all posters on this site should use proper edicate when posting and responding. Keep it friendly and informative!

And don't be afraid to put some humor in them. I enjoy a good laugh and have read some posts that make me explode with laughter.

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well said, Loco.

What I love about this forum is that it is welcoming to all kinds of folks, with plenty of room for everyone. Both the folks who are brand new to metal detecting, and those who are 30 year veterans with all kinds of archeological and historical knowledge. It's nice to have a place to go and share one's excitement over that odd bit of unidentified metal, or occasionally something really significant. For me it's like I have made a new friends, cause we all have a common passion. I am thankful for all the friendly encouragement and support received since I joined.

And I find myself congratulating other folks pretty regularly, which, apparently, some find tiresome to read because it doesn't convey new information. It's not all about the readers, though, it's about the the person who made the find, and who is taking the time to share it, and I imagine everyone enjoys kudos when they post something up.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:icon_thumright:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for speaking your mind and for your support.
I enjoy reading "Today's Finds" and " General Discussions"
I don't always post a long winded response but sometimes I go on a bit too much. lol

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Loco! This is a great forum based on give and take in regards to finds, excitement, sharing information, and camaraderie.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic thread LC.
I have already confronted people that would come on post, then comment on there posts the gone again till they have something else to post.
You are definitely a stong member here, and always have a kind word. Keep it up.
George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread