CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I started out with hunting off in a side yard of my Grandmothers place where an apple tree used to reside. Had a super low tone that read approx in the region that I had recently changed on my smart-mask pattern to accept a three cent nickel test target. I ended up finding a unidentifiable disc reddish brown, which I initially thought was a nickel of some sort then later thought was play money perhaps. on getting home I had to give it some heavy buff to make out anything on it. But soon a 5 with some stars was visible and then I was a happy camper for sure. Those shield nickels are hard to find and this one was from my Granny's yard also making it extra special! Thank you Coiltek the 15 inch W.O.T. is turning out to be a good investment!!! The other nickels came from an old church yard. That had been no till planted with corn last year was rough swinging there.

Heres the accumulated relics from last few days: The horseshoe was an eyeballed find at Granny's yard a plowed area.
Top left part of picture is a mystery lead ball type item, so added a back side shot of it. Any ideas on what this items use was?
See the Red foil "Meadow Gold" wonder how old the milk foil cover is?
Had fun outside today, even tho no silver was found it was a good day!

TY for looking!

CARM

Attachments

• 4_14_2013 nickel trifecta front.JPG
    4_14_2013 nickel trifecta front.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 4_14_2013 nickel trifecta obvers.JPG
    4_14_2013 nickel trifecta obvers.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 4_14_2013 relics.JPG
    4_14_2013 relics.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 4_14_2013 lead relic rear.JPG
    4_14_2013 lead relic rear.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 4_14_2013 Meadow Gold milk foil.JPG
    4_14_2013 Meadow Gold milk foil.JPG
    231.1 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 1

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah Granny's house, found my first Indian Head Penny there, I was about 7 years of age and found it when planting an apple seed. Any finds there, regardless of condition, will be added to sweet memories. I vaguely recall those heavy foil covers on the milk bottles the milk man would deliver to the homes so that would be late 40's or early 50's. I also can remember being at Granny's home and watching the Fish Monger in his horse drawn wooden wagon calling out to people he had fish for sale, that's back when money had real value and the shiny silver coins were made of silver!

Great coins with some history to them, HH!..............63bkpkr

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's great that your Grandma's home has provided you with such rich memories and finds.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:icon_thumright: Love your beautifully worn old nickels! They probably changed hands many times before being lost. Looking forward to your next finds! Andi

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coins, congratulations:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread