Nickel VDI on AT pro

cbcstamp

Jul 25, 2011
This is for rob.s

Nickels come in on the AT Pro at VDI 50-53. So do women's 14 K bands, but so do pull tabs.

The important thing about nickels is you must go very slow to be able
To pick them up. I find dimes 20 to 1 over nickels.

Nickels will always give you a repeatable signal. Pull tabs and gold may or usually do not.

If you get VDI of 51-53-51 better dig it anyway. I found a 14k gold band with that VDI yesterday

To give your self the best odds you should dig it all for the first copley of years.

Upvote 0
Thanks cbcstamp !!I do need to slow some what now..I was wondering why my nickel count was low and did notice for the first time at the park yesterday on over running on the nickels..I did find one 10k gold ring so far and rang up something like 47-48 on the vdi...I have to go back on some of those spots and pay close attention and ease up on swigging the coil.I've been using the super sniper coil for the last 2 weeks in the trashy spots under the trees where the DD coil was driving me nuts with all the interference..I've been digging a lot of trash screw caps and pull rings been keeping my busy at the park :laughing7:

I use my AT Pro in Pro/Coin mode. I dig every solid signal and don't pay much attention to the reading, mainly because I don't care and I'm gonna dig the target regardless. I have found, and continue to find silver and gold. The AT Pro seems to really like silver. I think getting too caught up in VDI readings hinders some people from having a good time and finding good targets. Just my 2 cents...

I dug a 18kt gold/ diamond ring this weekend with my AT Pro. It also registered in the low 50's for the signal.
I almost didn't dig it, but then I remembered about gold coming up with low numbers.
I was in the Pro- coin mode.
Will hopefully take pictures this week and place on this site soon.

Mike B

I dug a nickel today that was coming in at 38-40 in the wet dirt.

Don't know about the AT, my old fisher 1265 finds nickels and gold with good solid hits, I find about as many nickels as I do quarters and dimes. Its not uncommon to find 10 nickels in a morning hunt. It also picks up those pesty 22 cal bullets very well. I run low disc and dig everything, thats the best way to find the smaller gold rings.

yep nickels are always 52 or 53 on mine, havent found any gold yet though, I run in Pro all metal with iron disc at 35. Mine has no trouble picking up nickels with a fast swing, I believe there are just fewer nickels lost than dimes as where I hunt I run 8- 10 dimes to every nickel

Mine picks up nickels with a fast swing....they read 52....found a 4 gram 10k ring yesterday that read 54. Pull tabs read from 52 to 60. the ring tabs read higher than the square tabs . I run standard mode when Im not looking for deep targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back