*** NICNAMES FROM THE PAST

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
SOME YOU WILL, SOME YOU WON'T, Let me start it off!

THE IRON HORSE-LOU GEHRIG

THE OLD MEAL TICKET-CARL HUBBELL

BONEHEAD-FRED MERKLE (NEW YORK GIANT)

THE BIG TRAIN-WALTER JOHNSON

THE MANASSA MAULER-JACK DEMPSEY

THE BROWN BOMBER-JOE LOUIS

THE GALLOPING GHOST-RED GRANGE

THE SEVEN BLOCKS OF GRANITE-THE FORDHAM LINE,1937'38'

BIG RED-MAN O' WAR

THE GRAY CHAMPION-NATIVE DANCER

OLD BONES-EXTERMINATOR

MR. LONGTAIL-WHIRLAWAY

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Mad Dog": Me
"Bugsy": One of my best friends
"Smoothe Ears": Another of my friends
"Coon Rod": Another of the above
"Hoss": ditto
"Balls: ditto (because he was a good basketball player, not what you thought af first I bet)!
"Charlie Chicken Chest": yet another.
"Bird Nest": another with a bushy hairdo
"Little Jimmy Hog Jaws": Yes another one.
I could go on, but it's not really in the spirit of the thread. For some reason nearly all my pals in high school had nicknames including some of the girls that are a little risque. When you said one of the nicknames everyone knew who you were talking about. Monty

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Bucky' before my braces

'Ant Man' jumped out of formation to Pele' kick an ant hill during a run in boot camp (got me lots of push-ups too)

'Daddy' when daughter was born

'Shut up' she's 13 now

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some from the past, mostly HS/College friends...

Mr. Big
The Chief
Little John - LJ
King Consumption ("KC Spongemaster") :laughing7:
Ramrod
Duck
Feedbag
The Worm

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
OMG...how can anyone not add this one....

[size=14pt]The Gipper[/size].

Born in 1895, George Gipp was a varsity athlete at the University of Notre Dame from 1917 to 1920. While planning to pursue a career in baseball, he was convinced by legendary college coach Knute Rockne to play football as well. He led the Fighting Irish to a 27-2-3 record, playing both offense and defense. Several of his records still stand today.

P.S. That one is really for bigscoop :tongue3:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:

Born in 1895, George Gipp was a varsity athlete at the University of Notre Dame from 1917 to 1920. While planning to pursue a career in baseball, he was convinced by legendary college coach Knute Rockne to play football as well. He led the Fighting Irish to a 27-2-3 record, playing both offense and defense. Several of his records still stand today.

I just sat down and wrote this little diddy, "not sure why"......
"She was living in the past, so long, long ago, listening to oldies on her radio show. Noter Dame, Ohio State, poor, poor girl still thinks they're great. But in today's world of big wins and a National Champ, how loud can you scream, Big Damp Cramp!" :laughing7:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
bigscoop said:
vibes said:

"She was living in the past, so long, long ago, listening to oldies on her radio show. Noter Dame, Ohio State, poor, poor girl still thinks they're great. But in today's world of big wins and a National Champ, how loud can you scream, Big Damp Cramp!" :laughing7:

Oh my...thems Fightin' words fer sure! I'll get revenge when I out hunt your hateful a@@!!!!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vibes said:
bigscoop said:
vibes said:

Oh my...thems Fightin' words fer sure! I'll get revenge when I out hunt your hateful a@@!!!!

I'm.........."Yawning!"

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Lets hear one for the gipper!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hands of Stone Roberto Duran
The Greatest Mohamed Ali
The Bayonne Bleeder Chuck Webner

Little Mac Gen George McClellan
The Gray Ghost John S. Mosby

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The Bronx Bombers--------New York Yankees

The Sultan of Swat---------Babe Ruth

Gentleman Jim[------------------Jim Corbettleft

The Old Meal Ticket--------Carl Hubbell][/-left]

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
HONEST JOHN
an early US missile

Atlas, Atlas Ajax, Atlas Zeus
early US missiles

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
moose -some folks called me --as in strong as a "bull" moose -- but harmless unless bothered.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Ivan, I am curious, what do the other folks call you?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nornally Ivan or Sir -- (to my face) ---the bull "moose" was in my youth * --i was 17 years old working at a jewish catering joint --there was a clean plastic 55 gallon trash can full of coleslaw that was blocking my way -- so i picked it up and moved it out of my way -- it was quite heavy * i must say --- a few mins later on 3 guys came by asking --who moved the can --i said --i did it was in my way --they said who helped you ? --no one i said ---no frickin way they said -- it took all 3 of us to move it -- i said --just me -- so they "bet" me i could not "replace" it solo -- easy money -- afterwards one of the 3 said --dat kid is strong as a -- "bull" moose -- the fellow that said it had lived up north in moose country -- a male moose or bull moose is is not agressive but is massive and very powerful if ticked off he is quite dangerous however --some folks think moose are dumb --their not --just peaceful is all.--for the remainer of the time I worked there --"moose" was my nickname

when i was younger i could bend a chunk of steel rebar with my bare hands into a heart shaped object *

also once in my youth when was very very mad --i yanked a old type wagon wheel that was half buried in cement outta the ground * As a warning to a fellow not to make me any madder .--he took the hint.

needless to say in my youth --i was very very strong - i was 6 foot 1 --and ran about 300 lbs at the time all muscle --no fat

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yea, I like to think of my youth too. I was 5' 11" , 150# Fast & strong, but then I am forced to return to reality! 73 Years old, shrunk to 5' 10" and expanded to 205#! But a hell of a lot smarter!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread