Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a nifty idea to use on those little water ways or if you are in sandy soil. We used them in a little stream that was sandy and rocky and had a hard mud bottom. It was perfect to get between the mud and the good stuff above. Once you see what you have you can easily chunk your debri into a pile. Get a little shovel full and shake it check it out and get another.
It's a cat poop shovel for litter boxes from the pet store. Very sturdy. Great tool :laughing7: in the right spots where you have permission.

100_4380.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got me a tater rake today and made my sifter bucket now alls I need is for the creek to clean up some so I can try it out. Water here is brown and you cant see nothing. I choose the tater rake over the regular one due to it being smaller and I figure I can get into tight places better. The snakes like those spots too so I wont have to put my hands in them. Ill let you know how it turns out hopefully next week.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used one of the homemade glass bottom buckets with a small net to gather crayfish, another treasure, in the shallows for years. They open up a whole new world to you. Enjoyed this topic.....

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Would polycarbonate make a better bottom than glass? I know it's rather pricy. Eyeglasses lenses are rarely glass nowadays. It looks like scuba gear would follow in trend. Gator, you probably know the answer to my next question. Would scuba mask be made of glass for purposes of clarity under water, or to hold up to pressure? Any way....most rivers near me are controlled by the army corp. I can't be stomping around looking through a half submerged bucket. I'm not quick enough to come up with an answer if questioned about what I'm doing. I guess I could say fishing and act as if my IQ was in the mid 20's. lol! For those of you that can safely use this method, I'm truly envious! The water holds the better finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions