Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, sometimes these projects deposit items from deep water ship wrecks. You can only hope. No telling what will be in the sand.

Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I feel your pain Ron! We've had several renourishment projects since the early 1990s here on Anna Maria Island. Every time it pretty much puts an end to water hunting for about two years. We were scheduled for another project to start this month, but the Army Corps of Engineers announced last week that they will be delaying until next August. Now we just need some erosion!

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, sometimes these projects deposit items from deep water ship wrecks. You can only hope. No telling what will be in the sand.
All the sand is being brought in by Dump truck 50 miles inland to the beach. No chance of ship wreck goody this time !!

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

DITTO. It has happened here in Jersey. And they pumped the mother lode onto a beach. There is one town here that for the next 2 months I watch for their front end-loader. They drive into the surf taking large cuts of sand and dumping it at the top of the beach. They even spread it out for me and I have done very well.

kladdhunden

Apr 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the sand is being brought in by Dump truck 50 miles inland to the beach. No chance of ship wreck goody this time !!

ouch that hurts. i hope u find some other good spots to hit thats not to far away.

dave sharky

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
friend im from lee county i moved from there to the philippines you ever want to say hi - good luck

MBbeachrat

Apr 1, 2011
Melbourne Beach and Bethany Beach-- Snow Bird
Detector(s) used
CZ 21, Whites DF PI, Excalibur II, CTX 3030
They are pumping Bethany beach now. It is ruined for a couple years easy. They use a screen not a shell larger then 1/4 of and inch coming threw pipes. All of Delaware is getting this treatment. It's all over around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread