Ninth annual treasure hunters cookout

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bill, this is Steve McAdoo in Sarasota,me and my girlfriend plan on coming over tomorrow. I would like to donate and bring something. Of course drinkage. And labor if needed. Let me know, thanks.

OK...having just talked to The Head Pyrate, Aquanut, here is his list of demands...errr...requests:
Toilet paper. (The ladies RR needs to be supplied as the motel does not feel the need to provide as much as needed.)
Bottled water or soda pop but most especially your attendance.

<Hmmm...next year I'm voting for conch fritters...>

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OK...having just talked to The Head Pyrate, Aquanut, here is his list of demands...errr...requests:
Toilet paper. (The ladies RR needs to be supplied as the motel does not feel the need to provide as much as needed.)

Steve, forget what Bill just told you. BRING MORE BEER!

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are we using toilet paper this year?

WOW, gettin' fancy.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Okie dokie, I can bring at least a 12-pack of kitty litter, errr,
I mean toilet paper, lol. :laughing7:
I'm a couple hours away though....... can ya'll hold it....... :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

MPH200

Oct 26, 2012
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wishing a happy cookout to all the Ladies & Gentlemen-(I use that term loosely) . I hope to make it out one day.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You lucky Old Pirates! I wanted to attend the Cookout so bad that I was aching. However, I have been swamped with paying for repairs on two of my daughter's cars and am now repairing a young lady's van who has 5 kids. I hope you all have a great time and please snorkel a drink for me!:laughing7:

Frank

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Probably the best cookout ever. I counted close to 300 people there. The food was great.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks to all who attended and thanks to John Redman for putting this deal on.
I hope everyone enjoyed their day, got to renew some friendships and make some new ones, exchange some information and maybe do a little bidness. I'm honored to be able to enjoy the company of you all. We raised some money for good causes and good people as well, ate some good food and drank a tiny bit of good rum.

For the rest of you...well...make your plans for next year. We'll figure out a date tomorrow and you will have a year to get your ducks in a row and haul yourself down here. It's a one of a kind event, literally. As far as I can tell, it the only one in the world that is primarily shipwreck folks. That's pretty cool.
More later. I'm tired.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all ( that's Yankee speak for y'all :laughing7:) out did yourselves!!
I agree Pete, I thinks it's the biggest turn out with maybe the benefit for Tom slightly bigger.
Lots of new folks, lots of old folks :laughing9:.

Still didn't get to talk to everyone I intended to!

Hope everyone finds piles of treasure!

Again, my hat is off :notworthy: to the ladies and gents that put together this awesome event so we can all get together!

TreasureCDave

Jun 5, 2015
Florida Treasure Coast
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What everyone said and ....

Travis, Sommy (Andrew), Steve and Terry (the spatula whisperer) were great helping out with the grilling. Ropes did an awesome job on the ribs and organizing the food stuffs . And everyone who brought something to contribute to the buffet (there was more than enough for 300 peeps)

Sommy did a great job as the M.C. of the raffle.

Hard to top this one! Heres a few of the pics I took. Most are from the perspective of the food pavilion as that was where the fun happened. :icon_thumleft:

Sommy Travis and I.JPG

Terry-Armstrong-good-dude.JPG

Ivan and Kev.JPG

Ed and Kevin.JPG

Bill the butcher.JPG

Jonah 2017.JPG

Forgot to add John ... Thank you sir!

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Burt, Herman and Daniel. Daniel came up here from Colombia just for the cookout!

DSCN3841.JPG

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I gotta say....I think this one got parked in the centerfield bleachers!! Lots of great people doing lots of great stuff to put on a great weekend...

I sensed a sort of " undercurrent"...this weekend...sort of an underlying energy in regards to the whole Treasure hunting life...lets hope that continues to be fostered and grows. I had a wonderful time and look forward to the next event...

To everyone who participated, everyone that helped it come together, and to the sponsors and donors...a heartfelt "Thankyou" for doijng what you do.

Wonder whats in store for the 10th...annual cookout!!! I think its really gonna be something!!

( Already booked my room for next year and I haven't even checked out yet lmao)

Ag

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This was my fourth cookout, and I agree it was the best one yet.

Kevin and Kurt - sorry I didn't make it this morning for breakfast. I intended to go to early mass, but overslept and had to go to 11:30 mass.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salute to you all!!! I want to give a great big thank you for extending the invite to such an enjoyable event. So glad I came for so many reasons. It is hard to put into words how much I appreciate the help and advice given. Seems like most everyone was doing an excellent job of smiling, planning, plotting (on charts that is), drinking and the three B's (boasting, bragging and bullin'). I look forward to next years event and will be one of the first to offer my help for the "Décimo año de oro" BBQ (Tenth Year of Gold cook out), any way I can.
(Unfortunately all the goodie bags with the escudos in them were gone by the time I got there this year!!!):crybaby2: :wink: Cliff

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Finally, it is almost shameless plug time, but first I would like to say how honored I am to know and be included to some small degree in such a remarkable group of people as those who attended the 9th Annual Cookout and how much I enjoyed the entire weekend. I wish I could have gotten a chance to visit with everyone for a week or so, but I got a little busy.
1f642.png
:)
If ya'll will come back next year, I'll cook more ribs or something.
Thanks to Aquanut and Deb Redman for putting on the Cookout and for allowing me to help. Thanks to Steven Wood, TreasureCDave, Tyrrell Armstrong, Travis Tinney, Sean Owsley for helping me with what turned out to be a bewildering amount of good food. Thanks to Trembull/Daryl Freeman who does so much more than you know and ailing amigo White Feather who brought tables, his sunny disposition and a returning appetite as well as my friend and partner Captain Kym A Ferrell who always looks calm, but manages to push me back onto the tracks when I veer off.
Thanks to Sommy who flew in from Oregon and was a big help with setup, cleanup and everything in between. (Do we need an award for 'longest distance traveled"?
Thank you to all the people who donated food, time and items for the raffles and to the nice people of the Pennwood for allowing us to take over their place for a weekend.
Thanks to all who donated to help both the young and the old(er).
I am going to stop now, not because I am done, but because I can't thank all of you individually for fear of leaving someone out.
If you do such things, please send up a prayer, good vibes or healing thoughts to our many friends who are battling health issues, financial issues or both.
Anyone that would like to can 'friend' me on Facebook and/ or (Shameless plug time) visit our Search and Salvage page to keep up with our work this summer on the 1715 Fleet. https://www.facebook.com/Search-and-Salvage-10026168064767…/

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Bill Black and I took a portion of your donations the "Michael Abt Jr. Have a Heart Foundation" on Sunday. If you don't know about it, go to the website. Also, I'm driving up to Haynes City this morning to give Dell the other half along with some food. Thank all of you for your kindness.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
The cookout was fantastic. Bill Black made some of the best ribs that I ever ate. John Redman, you did a great job setting up the event this year.
Sorry that I spent a lot of time with the 3 gentlemen in picture below and didn't get to talk to as many people as I would have liked to.

I CLAIM to be be a mean, grumpy, old man. However, I want to Praise these three MEN. ( Not the 3 men in the picture. ) I am a hard person to say that anything HUMBLED ME. These 3 Men Humbled me at the cookout. I want to thank them from the bottom of my Heart. Aquanut ( John Redman ) Sads669 ( Kevin James ) and agflit ( Kurt ) all chipped in and bought me a Cure for my Cancer. Thank you Gentlemen and I hope that everyone on TNET reads this post and Knows what a terrific thing you did for me.

Attachments

• DSCN3841.JPG
    DSCN3841.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 183

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The cookout was fantastic. Bill Black made some of the best ribs that I ever ate. John Redman, you did a great job setting up the event this year.
Sorry that I spent a lot of time with the 3 gentlemen in picture below and didn't get to talk to as many people as I would have liked to.

I CLAIM to be be a mean, grumpy, old man. However, I want to Praise these three MEN. ( Not the 3 men in the picture. ) I am a hard person to say that anything HUMBLED ME. These 3 Men Humbled me at the cookout. I want to thank them from the bottom of my Heart. Aquanut ( John Redman ) Sads669 ( Kevin James ) and agflit ( Kurt ) all chipped in and bought me a Cure for my Cancer. Thank you Gentlemen and I hope that everyone on TNET reads this post and Knows what a terrific thing you did for me.

I missed getting a chance to visit with you, Ed. Glad you liked the ribs. I hope you get back this way before next year at this time. Give me a call if you do.

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welp.... it's now Wedn late afternoon..I arrived home safe sound, depressed and despondent, and more than alittle bit bruised, battered and sore from the constant battering a gave myself on the drive back to WI...

On that note...next time I get ready to RETURN to WI...I need for somebody to knock me unconscious, duct tape my azz to the picnic table near the BBQ, and nail my feet to whatever anchors available....

( Freakin 45 degrees, rain, overcast, cold, wet, chilly, no sunshine, grumble grumble, whine moan...)

ag

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions