No, its never hunted out, only my second SLQ

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
No, it's never hunted out, only my second SLQ

Was suposed to MD yesterday, but wound up helping my son set up for opening day of deer season, which kicked off today. So later this afternoon, had two hours of daylight left. Took advantage of the opportunity.

Went to a site that I have visited a dozen times in the past 15 years. Usually I can at least get a wheat penny, and every once in a while, a Rosevelt or Merc. My chief complaint is that I have never found a silver quarter or half. So talking to myself, "c 'mon quarter, show yourself," (something I recently read of another fellow hobbiest on this site doing) I got the signal, cut the plug, and at five inches this beauty showed itself. 1930S SLQ. Also got two Rosies 47 and 59, and four wheaties-39, 41, 51S, and 56D. Also a silver plated spoon. (WM Rogers IS.) Not sure what the IS means. Never hunted out; is it?

Attachments

• 30s & two Roseys.jpg
    30s & two Roseys.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Re: No, it's never hunted out, only my second SLQ

Yes that is a beaute. I will have to try that myself and see if I can find my first silver quarter. Would be a huge bonus if it was a SLQ with a date.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

great quarter! and it even has a date!! im still looking for my first SLQ. that one is a beauty!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice find's Renegade....Don't you just hate those hunted out place's!!!How'd your son do on the hunt?

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on the silver! I tried that "c'mon silver" yesterday and I think it worked, will post later. HH, Mike

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Talking to ourselves? has it got that bad ??? I suppose you do have to be a bit mad in this hobby ;D well done Renegade, those are nice finds.....

God bless
Peter

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

great digs there !!! lol i always talk to my sites.. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Sweet SLQ! ;D ;D The one I found Friday was a little more typical - worn smooth. Mine was probably dropped in the late 50's or even early 60's. Yours was most likely dropped in the early 30's. They don't come much better than that.

Hunted out? A place becomes hunted out when to you it no longer produces what you would determine a valueable find in what you would determine is a lot of hunting.

Sounds like a good place if you can get three silver and some wheats in a couple hours.

Mirage

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kool

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Everytime I tell something to show itself it rebels. Nothing ever listens to me. :'(

Laater...

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt

renegade_7 said:
Was supposed to MD yesterday, but wound up helping my son set up for opening day of deer season, which kicked off today.

yea u were supposed to hunting with me:( thats OK though I'm glad u were able to get out for a few minutes and find that beautiful SLQ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread