No Luck Guys On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

Yea went back today and tried but no luck on the mold. :'( But did make some finds. Wish I hadn't tried on the mold so hard wasted alot of time with that deal. But moved around again at the end of the day and came up with one of my best coppers ever.All my finds need better cleaning still but this one has good detail left. :thumbsup: Also found buckle,buttons,cuff links,and a thimble.Guess they all can't be such great days.I'll continue to try in the future mabe It will show but this place is so big for one person to cover it will take some time.Thing are scatterd all over this site it seems. Very large place but know of it looks to be 4 different homes on this site. And old grave sites three of them on three points by the water all with unmarked stones like ballast rocks for head stones. I'll add some pics. I took today of the vast area it's as far as you can see cleared in the pics.Also some pics. of the coins my dad had found I talked of in last post.And one that will show what this hard a$$ dirt will do to your hands man this stuff is like digging through a brick.

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 980
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 971
  • 000_0006.jpg
    000_0006.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 957
  • 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 965
  • 000_0004.jpg
    000_0004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 972
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 971
  • 000_0008.jpg
    000_0008.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 959
  • 000_0007.jpg
    000_0007.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 966
Upvote 0
OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: No Luck Guy's On Other Half Of Spoon Mold!

My dads coins!That he's been finding near by.

Attachments

• 101_0010.jpg
    101_0010.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 946
  • 101_0009.jpg
    101_0009.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 951
  • 101_0008.jpg
    101_0008.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 950
  • 101_0007.jpg
    101_0007.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 960
OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The site!

Attachments

• 101_0012.jpg
    101_0012.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 947
  • 101_0011.jpg
    101_0011.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 937
  • 101_0014.jpg
    101_0014.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 929
  • 101_0013.jpg
    101_0013.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 930

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X

At least it's mowed down for you and the colder months are coming...plenty of time for searching for the rest of the mold....by the way...the rest of your finds are not bad either.... :icon_thumleft:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The 1781 Hibernia and 2 Skilling are nice! You're both into some real oldies! His other two coins are George I, and a 1760s Hibernia, but the holed one is interesting. Maybe a Jeton?

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
The 1781 Hibernia and 2 Skilling are nice! You're both into some real oldies! His other two coins are George I, and a 1760s Hibernia, but the holed one is interesting. Maybe a Jeton?
Thanks IP,I didn't know what to tell him on that very one the one with the hole different in what I've seen from the norm.Much Thanks For Your Help! :notworthy: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Timekiller,

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Thanks IP,I didn't know what to tell him on that very one the one whith the hole different in what I've seen from the norm.Much Thanks For Your Help! :notworthy: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Timekiller,

It's different, no doubt about that.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Thanks IP,I didn't know what to tell him on that very one the one whith the hole different in what I've seen from the norm.Much Thanks For Your Help! :notworthy: :thumbsup: :headbang:
Timekiller,

It is. Have not had chance to see if I can find it on internet.That one button with the flower looking design still has some DNA :laughing9: :laughing9: stuck in it.Another first for something that old for me.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Timekiller,

I don't think its a Jetton/Jeton, looks more like a medallion to celebrate a great man (unknown to me). This is my best guess & it maybe a token but I'm pretty sure it not a Jetton.

The other half of the mold may takes years to find. Grid it & GPS it would help, or at least do maps of areas covered until you have done every inch. (and then re-do it all carefully digging all.)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
Timekiller,

I don't think its a Jetton/Jeton, looks more like a medallion to celebrate a great man (unknown to me). This is my best guess & it maybe a token but I'm pretty sure it not a Jetton.

The other half of the mold may takes years to find. Grid it & GPS it would help, or at least do maps of areas covered until you have don every inch.

Yeah usually the large busts are more on medals, don't really see em on Jetons much. That one might take some looking to solve.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Forgot to say: that Irish coin is far better than any I have ever had. Well worth the hunt :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
Forgot to say: that Irish coin is far better than any I have ever had. Well worth the hunt :icon_thumright:
Yea I can only think it's because of that ground.Man In all my time of digging bottles and stuff in the past.I don't remember ever anything that hard.This dirt you hit with a hand spade and it will bounce back off.You have to chop and chop at it till you get broke in to it.And then it's so hard the spade sqeaks like your hitting metal the whole time you are going down. CRAZY HARD! :laughing7: :hello:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:
Yea I can only think it's because of that ground.Man In all my time of digging bottles and stuff in the past.I don't remember ever anything that hard.This dirt you hit with a hand spade and it will bounce back off.You have to chop and chop at it till you get broke in to it.And then it's so hard the spade sqeaks like your hitting metal the whole time you are going down. CRAZY HARD! :laughing7: :hello:

Our clay gets like that sometimes. I jump hard on the spade (makes holes in army boots, they last me a year sometimes) & get 1inch of depth. The amazing thing is I still have my fav spade which has lasted me 8 years, very smooth corners & lots of wear, its part of the family & will be a great loss when dead :D

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:

Our clay gets like that sometimes. I jump hard on the spade (makes holes in army boots, they last me a year sometimes) & get 1inch of depth. The amazing thing is I still have my fav spade which has lasted me 8 years, very smooth corners & lots of wear, its part of the family & will be a great loss when dead :D
:laughing9: :laughing7: I know they do become a part of you after awhile. I've made special trips back just to recover mine before.When I could had gone 5 min down the road and brought another. :laughing9: :notworthy:

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Pete,

Yooooo, it is good to see you posting again with North Carolina frontier coins and relics. You, my man, are what I call a Colonial bloodhound. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks for sharing your father's coins as well.

Kirk

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Hey, Pete my Colonial Man, that Hibernia copper you dug is sweeet! :notworthy: Your dad's coins also make me :notworthy: to the pioneers of the North Carolina ground! I love the site pics as well! The site looks prime for early dwellings!

I'm going to try and unleash the Colonial animal today! We are hunting a new site and I'm hoping for some coppers!

Kyle

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You may not have found the other half of the spoon mold this trip. Finding coins and relics like this I would keep searching for the mold :hello2:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great looking site with awesome results! You are lucky!!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

wow you are sure making fantastic finds there. congrats :hello2:

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here it is in some good old carolina morning sun.Kirk and Kyle I hope you guy's do well today.Me I'm staying home gone watch some football with the wife.I need to get back oystering this week. :thumbsup: :D
Thanks to the rest of you for your comments!And HH! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 779
  • 000_0003.jpg
    000_0003.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 775
  • 000_0004.jpg
    000_0004.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 767
  • 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg