No more pull tabs.

Dirt Sniffer

Greenie
Aug 30, 2011
Bloomington, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I think I got em all. I found a really nice hiking trail in Bloomington, IN. I was talking with the groundskeeper and it turns out that the concrete benches have been the since the 20's. There are about twenty benches along this trail. I hunted one of them this morning before going to the swimming beach on Monroe lake in Bloomington. I was a little disappointed but I know there is good stuff at these places. I just have to figure this machine out. Here are my prizes.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 969
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 974
Upvote 0

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, you hit the jackpot on those ancient 'aluminus poptopicus'.........look them over carefully, they could be Roman! ;D It doesn't matter what you find, just that you found it and you did good by taking them away! Very proper on your part.

And, welcome to TNet!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Can you post a closer picture of your pendant? I'd like to see that.

With benches that old, you'll probably find some real nice jewelry or coins there. May take quite a while with 20 benches, but at least they're not the metal ones that interfere soundwise. HH Andi

OP
OP
Dirt Sniffer

Dirt Sniffer

Greenie
Aug 30, 2011
Bloomington, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Thanks for that. There was also alot of broken glass on the beach. I took that too. Can't really count that as a md find but at least I know a little kid won't cut their little feet on it.

OP
OP
Dirt Sniffer

Dirt Sniffer

Greenie
Aug 30, 2011
Bloomington, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
This is the best I can do with my Iphone. My magnet locks right on to it. Probably just a cheapie.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 888
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 908

justanotherpulltab

Apr 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer II
Well if you want gold that is what you have to do. Better luck next time fellow hoosier. :thumbsup:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first got a metal detector. :icon_scratch: The first place I went with my Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II :laughing9: was a park with several modern benches.... :icon_thumleft: I never found so much clad after that day... :dontknow: You maybe on to something !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

OP
OP
Dirt Sniffer

Dirt Sniffer

Greenie
Aug 30, 2011
Bloomington, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Oh yeah. I'm lovin it. Great hobby and something to look forward to....The Big One!! 30,000.00 chain? I would love that! Gold rings! Silver spoons! I'll take a 20.00 coin any day! That Bi-cenntenial was cool to pop up! Pennies nickles, dimes, I'll take em all!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know what man, you're on the right track! :thumbsup:

I've had my Ace 350 since last November and I'm just starting to understand what its telling me. In the past 7 months I've dug over 300 pennies! :'( but I've also found 5 gold rings, 13 silver coins and 8 pieces of 'Sterling' silver jewelery, these all hit in the far right, last 2 segments range. :icon_thumright: The majority of my silver finds have hit on the 2nd from the last segment on the far right. I always hunt with my sensitivity at 3 bars, and in 'Jewelery' discrimination mode. This way I won't miss anything . . . but you'll also find a ton of pennies! :laughing7:

Best of luck to you!
Dave

PS. Everything I've found has been on land, nothing in the water or on beaches.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Dirt, welcome... I see in your signature you have an Ace 350, if that is what you are using, stick with it and learn it. I just started out this June and was just like you, digging everything and getting the clad coins to learn. A little over a month of digging tabs, tops and clad, I finally happened to run into my first jewelry, a cross (gold and silver). If I hadn't found that, I may not have been as hooked as I am now to this hobby. That was $75 (clad) and 18 rings ago and it only seems like yesterday.

Keep at it but maybe a little tip on that 350, go low and slow, I find way more now not racing around as much as I first did. That Ace 350 can be a really good detector if you really take the time to learn it.

Good luck out there.

Cliff

OP
OP
Dirt Sniffer

Dirt Sniffer

Greenie
Aug 30, 2011
Bloomington, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Thanks for all the tips!! I was in jewelry mode for sure but I was skipping around on sensitivity quite a bit. I guess keeping it somewhere in the middle makes sense. I really like the 350. Don't much care for the Automax pinpointer. Gotta upgrade. I had to take it apart to seal it back together. Anyway, Thanks!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Man, In five + years of detecting , I've dug eight gold rings - No beaches - every one of them
was in the pull tab range /nickel range . On my whites MXT- the vdi readings were +14 to +22-
furthermore , these readings were very consistent on the -north/ south swing and the east west swing
of the coil , the numbers didn't vary much . Dig your pulltab/nickel type signals for sure !!! Argentium.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Pull tabs!! Your Finding the Oldies!!!! That alone Should tell you Your On the Right Track!!! Keep it Up!!!! Just For a Little Motivation Here Is My Best Pull tab Find Ever!!!!! I wont Include the Last 3 finds 2 18k and 1 14k It Takes time and More Time Go Slow and Low Dig every thing Above Iron!!! HH Chug And Red

Attachments

• ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 668

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the formula 500 pull tabs:1 gold ring.
You are on your way!

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
CoilFisher said:
What is the formula 500 pull tabs:1 gold ring.
You are on your way!

I don't come home from a park with less than 25-50 pulltabs and i'm a lazy silversnob.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pull tabs= gold. Just one dig away.

Top Member Reactions