NO RAIN ! BEACH THIS MORNING

F

Floater

Well since I have today off, guess what, it isn't raining yet. WooHoo ! ;D So I go to the beach and hit it at low tide dead on at 11.02 AM . Spent about an hour and twenty minutes in the water about 20 feet out to 75 feet just to edge of the first sandbar. Temp in the water is 86 degrees . Perfect. Got about 12 hits and here it is. Surfrat is getting out early so we are going to hit the old home site again and maybe another. Can someone tell me about the Spanish coin? Thanks HH

Attachments

• bch.jpg
    bch.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 287
  • spain.jpg
    spain.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 287
  • spain2.jpg
    spain2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
R

rusty nails

nah man - cant tell u about the coin - sure is nice - but i can tell u this about this landlocked river rat - your hunting conditions sound like heaven to me and if i can swing it sat morning i will be river hunting no matter what the odds r that i'll find anything but fishing sinkers and beer bottle caps
thanks for the mental picture - ;D LBP

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
We got bulls in Kansas, but you all have bull SHARKS ! I think I am safer.... LOL. Do you all ever think of that when you are out there?
Sorry, I don't know anything about the coin, but it is a nice find.
~Kansas~

OP
OP
F

Floater

Thanks Sugersand, Its going in the treasure chest. (as all my finds do except the tabs and tops).

Lefty go find the old swimming hole. you should clean up.

Kansas that was the first thing that Surfrat thought of when he caled me this morning as I was heading out. Then I'm out there and a little school of snappers goes cruising by me and then the water started to boil a bit and I looked but it was another swimmer that spooked them. Trust me I keep my eyes peeled and I keep my nice shiny scoop out of the water until i dig. Plus the little bastards will literally get a shovel in there snouts if they do come near me. LOL HH gang Im off for the afternoon hunt untill it rains. ;D

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds floater! The coin may not be worth much but yet another addition to the treasure chest seems better to me any way,so Im with you on that one.Good luck this afternoon.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We call those PTAS pieces - "potato money"! ;D

My ex-father-in-law went to spain, and brought some back, and that's what he was calling it!

Some of the old ones are "silver" Float,

check it out,

I believe yours may be!

Cool find/s,

HH

Lonewolfe

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt Floater, just being out at the beach detecting would have been great. The 5 Peseta coin is the coinage Spain was using before the Euro, neat find as they don't make them anymore, LOL! I was in Spain on vacation several years ago, would love to hunt those beaches on the Mediteranean sea but the beaches there have a lot of that small pea type gravel instead of sand. HH, Mike

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome!
It's like a box of chocolates huh? Loving every piece you pull out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions