No Road Trip Today 8/21/09

paleo66

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2009
I tried to buy some halves from my bank last week and they only had 3 or 4 in their drawer, so I checked at the little bank in my town and she had $80 worth so I bought them. She said she had more in the vault so I didn't want to dump them back there. I don't have an account there, so I took them to my bank, where I've done business since 1965 under one name or another. She remembered I'd ask her for halves so I told her I was able to find some at another bank and she said Well! Why are you bringing them back HERE!! Anybody else have this problem at your own bank? I only had $70 worth, rolled.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I've done business since 1965 under one name or another" ??? -- you in the witness protection program or something?

gimifermagooskie

Aug 3, 2009
North Carolina - Hornet's Nest
Detector(s) used
M6
DOWN TIME - that's intereesting. I had a teller turn bad and tell me I had to have an acount, when my eyebrows jumped at the $40 of $1 large silver dollars she pulled out, several of which had tarnished edges. However, I was polite and wlaked away woth my head down... I did get a 2001 and 2002 uncirculated half, as well as a gold plated 1979 SBA that day though!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
gimifermagooskie said:
DOWN TIME - that's intereesting. I had a teller turn bad and tell me I had to have an acount, when my eyebrows jumped at the $40 of $1 large silver dollars she pulled out, several of which had tarnished edges. However, I was polite and wlaked away woth my head down... I did get a 2001 and 2002 uncirculated half, as well as a gold plated 1979 SBA that day though!

You should have openend the account, and than walk away with your head held high.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread