Nokta Fors gold goes deep

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go out with couple buddies to our hot spot, a 1700's plantation. One's using an AT pro other a F5 both great machines but im swinging the Nokta Fors gold.
I go right behind the AT pro,right where he dug two targets and within a foot of the two he dug which they were right next to each other I get two screaming 84 & 86 targets. Now the Nokta and AT pro have almost identical vdi( I know because I own both) and my buddy is a good detectorist and would never pass on 80+ signals so the ATP missed them and here's why.
Both the targets one being a 2-300 year old candle wick trimmer at 15" depth at its scissor tip the rest was deeper( see the picture and imagine) the other piece a very thin piece of metal size of a nickel but is the top of a sewing bobbin for silk thread from JP Coats company 1800's and it was at 14".
The Nokta had no problem finding them, holding a vdi and giving me accurate pin point depth reading which shows me this machine is truly top notch.
I also pulled a civil war union cavalry stirrup at 18"+ but I don't know if I can say much about that as it is large but still I got accurate information from the nokta on it too and 18"+ is pretty deep.

Attachments

• WP_20150412_002.jpg
    WP_20150412_002.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 131
  • WP_20150411_001.jpg
    WP_20150411_001.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 143

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, the Fors sure are deep runners.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a fired pistol round ball in the field of the plantation at a depth of 13-14" and my AT pro buddy had scanned over the area like 5 minutes earlier. I was walking in his foot prints. I know that most people would have stepped to the side for fresh ground but I was proving a point. I know my friend cranks u the AT pro to max when hunting fields and I was at 2/3 power and yet I was hitting deeper.
Were going back this weekend for a club hunt and I think its time to max Nokta aka "Nugget" out and see what he can really do.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt and great finds. I wish it would quit raining around hereneverything is flooding.. I posted my Saturday finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread