Nokta-Makro detectors Gold finds

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Attachments

• 1484557025424.jpg
    1484557025424.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 1484557041848.jpg
    1484557041848.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 1484557058394.jpg
    1484557058394.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 141
  • 1484557085724.jpg
    1484557085724.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 1484557103009.jpg
    1484557103009.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 1484557123535.jpg
    1484557123535.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 1484557155336.jpg
    1484557155336.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0

Southpaw13

Greenie
Sep 1, 2014
Palo Cedro, Ca
Detector(s) used
Nox 900, Gold Racer, Racer 2, Mojave
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching the videos I think what was most impressive was the Racer 2 on small gold. Nicely done congrats.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the gold from my claim??? Wow not big enough to show? hahaha looks good CG., but I have all those pics on my puter already. Hope you heal and go for the real deal soon my friend .Respect as always . John

bcfromfl

Feb 18, 2016
Youngstown, FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500,
Fisher Gold Bug Pro,
Gold Hog stream sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow -- looks like you have yourself a good spot!

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice gold californiagold! Would you mind describing the general kind of ground you have used these brand of detectors in? Upland, bedrock, streambed etc. or all.

I'm over here on the coast and would like to get a new machine. Would probably be mostly detecting along local streams.

Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Really nice gold californiagold! Would you mind describing the general kind of ground you have used these brand of detectors in? Upland, bedrock, streambed etc. or all.

I'm over here on the coast and would like to get a new machine. Would probably be mostly detecting along local streams.

Thanks,
Mike

hey mike,
Ive used the nokta and makro detectors on all types of terrain. I cant say ive tried them on any beach sand environment yet.
yes your area over on the coast has some good gold spots in the hills. but it is quite thick. if your detecting along the creeks and rivers then you would probably want to use a detector that can handle black sands. there is some choices with the nok/mak detectors that have that. the new upcoming nokta impact detector looks like it might have the most operating modes including ones that would do gold prospecting all the way to black sands. there is some videos on youtube of people using different nok/mak detectors on beaches to show how they handle black sands. you might check them out. I have some videos on my youtube channel called californiagold detecting adventures of me using all the different detectors in different gold deposit areas. you probably would want to lean towards a detector that runs in the 15-20 kHz range. the makro gold racer that I use a lot is 56 kHz. they say higher freq can have issues with strong minerals( magnetite). though I haven't had any issues running mine on hillsides with lots of scattered black sands and hematite. good luck with your choice.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How the heck do you keep those coils looking brand new (especially with the weather we have been having)?
You buff and wax them after each use?

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey californiagold, thank you. I really appreciate the advice. I'll check out your, as well as the the other videos you recommended.

Mike

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Imaudigger,
the coils that I took the picture of gold sitting on are the little coils for my detectors. I don't use them much if at all. so I used them for the pics. I usually mostly use the 10 x 5 coil for detecting gold. I will add a video of the coil I use finding the gold in the pic. thanks good luck.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally saw why no post on my claim as you were using the minelab with that righteous new monster coiltec wonder...when bored I go through my massive multi year stash of emails with pics,info and much more. Road out to claims 100% gone at the Y CG as creek rose and adios ALL of it halfway down the pipe also :dontknow: fixed NOT for a long time with these rains hitting us now-cool pics as always and thanks for the righteous golden memory lane-John

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Imaudigger,
the coils that I took the picture of gold sitting on are the little coils for my detectors. I don't use them much if at all. so I used them for the pics. I usually mostly use the 10 x 5 coil for detecting gold. I will add a video of the coil I use finding the gold in the pic. thanks good luck.

Just giving you a hard time....by the way how did you find a golf course built with pay dirt? Looks like a nice place to detect. Did you have to shoo away the cows?

You should give a large plastic spoon a try. It is pretty efficient in locating small pieces of gold....sift onto the coil and dump...sift onto coil and dump...you will hear the smallest of pickers drop onto the coil, then it's just a matter of pushing a small amount of dirt around until you find it. With dry material..if you shake the spoon, the nuggets will usually settle toward the bottom back of the spoon and be the last thing that drops out onto the coil.

By the way - I am using the Makro GR and am liking it so far with the exception of the fact that my 10x5 is starting to false signal when bumped and it has not seen very much use.
I was told this is normal for sensitive detectors....but I have worn out more than one coil in my time and I can see the writing on the wall. I will probably just have to pony up some money and buy a replacement.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great looking nuggets as usual! Thanks for sharing!

Bigauman

Mar 23, 2015
IMAUDIGGER I had a problem with my gold racer and false signals when bumped. Narrowed the problim down to where the coil plugs into the connector socket. Wrapped with electrical tape problem solved.

Attachments

• 1485373477213.jpg
    1485373477213.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 79

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAUDIGGER I had a problem with my gold racer and false signals when bumped. Narrowed the problem down to where the coil plugs into the connector socket. Wrapped with electrical tape problem solved.

I use flagging to tie the cord tight.

The problem is isolated to the little cover on top of the back of the coil. I think it is an access cover for tuning the coil?

Makro said it is normal to be able to tap/bump the coil and get feedback, and to send in a video if I wanted to so they could tell if it was excessive.
Just have not had the time to borrow a video camera yet to do that.

I went out yesterday and found a small 5 grain picker easily...it's just a very bad annoyance that is not acceptable (to me) in uneven terrain.
The smaller coil does not exhibit this behavior.

Bigauman

Mar 23, 2015
The connector socket is obviously faulty my gold racer was falsing this is how I fixed it no more falsing.

Attachments

• 1485457697620.jpg
    1485457697620.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 95

IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've become quite impressed with my Gold Racer with the 5" x 10" coil. No falsing issues for me so far...

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive had several coils from all different manufactors have issues with bump sensitivity. it usually is the cable connector at one end or other. some of my favorite coils did this often. really irritating since I like to glide my coil across the dirt. it beeps everytime you hit something. ive had some luck with trying different remedies.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to take a coil apart that exhibits this "bump sensitivity" to see if it is easily cured....Is anybody aware of any videos showing the inside of a Makro coil?
I wonder if it is easily fixed by adding some epoxy or hot glue to certain areas?

OP
OP
C

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It could be something on the inside. But many times it is the coil plug. The vibration of hitting an object transfer up the shaft and slightly rattles the plug end where it attaches to control box. You can tell easily by tapping on the plug while it is on. Ive had certain coils of different manufactors have this problem. My partner had a coil on the gb pro that had this issue and I had the same coil that didnt. We swaped coils and it did it on different detectors. Who knows, but it is definitely an annoying problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions