Nokta pulse drive

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
So I'm considering the Nokta pulsedrive scuba detector as my compact, discreet field detector. I'm looking at the 8" coil and guessing it gets decent depth but I'm seeking opinions. This is me of course, Mr. Pinpointer only, I'm looking for greater depth capabilities than my minelab can offer. Any experience from the peanut gallery with this device? What kind of depth could I expect from the 8" coil? I know it lacks VDI but I don't care terribly about that, I'm just looking for the most compact unit with the greatest depth penetration. Thoughts? Experience? Ideas? I may order one tonight unless someone has a better unit in mind.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Midden-marauder

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
Some one that would attempt what the OP is wanting to attempt has more energy than I have LOL

I do have both HF coils for my ORX and you are correct that HF elliptical is a great coil, either one of those HF coils would be a great option to use for what the OP is wanting
I have much energy to play with, I'm quite active. Searching with a pinpointer is a game of quickly finding the likely spots, areas around doors, rubble mounds, camp locations, waste spots etc. etc. It's not quite the same as gridding a larger area for sure. Honestly, depending on how one detects, there's a trade off with it, the pinpointer is a fast and dirty scene, if you dig past 5" it's a refrigerator or a car lol. Coins and smaller objects are either in the first 4 or simply not at all. It becomes a question of whether you wanna dig more or hunt more, either way it takes time. In my experience it's kinda neither here nor there so I err on the side of quick and dirty lol

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I mean I've seriously considered making a very short handle for my 9 1/2 "normal" coil and I may yet, the appeal of the nokta is the lack of a control box and a bunch of wires to contend with. Quick on the set up and break down, fits right in my pack with the rest of my tools. The one and only reason I'd buy it though is if it can provide a significantly greater depth than my minelab pinpointer, I've been researching the matter but the answers aren't super helpful which is why I'm now here asking for direct experience.
all the wires, is why I recommended the XP products, and like I said as far as the Deus 2 I have no experience but someone that does have experience has responded

i am speaking of experience with the ORX which uses the same coils as the Deus1, you could literally take the Lower shaft out of the handle part leave the Handle at home stick the lower shaft from the ORX,Deus 1 or Deus 2, with one of which ever coil you choose to use, stick it in your back pack and the remote in your pocket or carry it in your hand (Pocket would be Better) then you would have a full functioning detector that would actually give you the depth you are wanting, because you just turned the ORX,Deus, or Deus Two into a fully functioning Pin pointer that is a fully functioning metal detector Detector

everything on the XP ORX,Deus 1, and Deus 2 are fully wireless, cost wise the ORX is not really that much money and is almost a Deus 1 the ORX is just missing a few things that the Deus 1 has programs wise

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Setting up a big machine when I might have 20 minutes tops is kinda unwieldy, the spots to be searched must be assessed pretty fast and scanned just as fast, be ready to pack up and be off to the next spot at a moments notice.
That's not a whole lot different than how I'm currently using my Dēus II, as I build up my stamina. The thing only weighs a tad over 2 lbs., and can be set up/packed up in less than 30 sec.

If I were operating with just the coil & RC (for 20 min. I wouldn't bother with phones) as I mentioned above, how long could it take to unpack/pack up a bare coil and RC?

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mean I've seriously considered making a very short handle for my 9 1/2 "normal" coil and I may yet, the appeal of the nokta is the lack of a control box and a bunch of wires to contend with. Quick on the set up and break down, fits right in my pack with the rest of my tools. The one and only reason I'd buy it though is if it can provide a significantly greater depth than my minelab pinpointer, I've been researching the matter but the answers aren't super helpful which is why I'm now here asking for direct experience.
See my previous. There are other options in wireless MD from many mfrs.

There are always tradeoffs. no controls may mean less controllability/functionality. IDK how it might affect depth.

I can tell you with absolute confidence that my 9" coil can detect much deeper than my pinpointer, and I think that's what you've been asking.

OP
OP
Midden-marauder

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
See my previous. There are other options in wireless MD from many mfrs.

There are always tradeoffs. no controls may mean less controllability/functionality. IDK how it might affect depth.

I can tell you with absolute confidence that my 9" coil can detect much deeper than my pinpointer, and I think that's what you've been asking.
Yes, surely an 8" coil must get at least some depth improvement over a standard pinpointer but maybe I'm misunderstanding some things. Why bother putting such a huge coil on the end of a pinpointer if it gives no improvement though? Hmmm.
I think the large coil rig I have now does indeed have Bluetooth options but I'm thinking it's mostly for the headset. I mean the control box would probably just fit into the side pocket of my tacs but it's a notch clunky. Still it would be an improvement, I've picked up on targets almost 2" down at max sensitivity though the gas line (or what I assume is a gas line) is not something I'd be digging on lol. I'll consider the XP recommendation seriously, I know it's fancy cooking though it's also a lot of dough to dish out, I might be able to score a used one.....

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll consider the XP recommendation seriously, I know it's fancy cooking though it's also a lot of dough to dish out, I might be able to score a used one.....
It was intended more as an example than a recommendation (though I don't NOT recommend one); as I mentioned, there are a lot of other options.

That said, I've seen 2 Dēus IIs advertised on this site in the past few days at what appeared to be excellent prices. (I have no connection to either) IDK if they're still available or not, but I would expect others to come up from time to time.

OP
OP
Midden-marauder

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
It was intended more as an example than a recommendation (though I don't NOT recommend one); as I mentioned, there are a lot of other options.

That said, I've seen 2 Dēus IIs advertised on this site in the past few days at what appeared to be excellent prices. (I have no connection to either) IDK if they're still available or not, but I would expect others to come up from time to time.
Well I do appreciate the useful input. Trying to find the optimal machine for the way I detect has been an interesting journey and one full of many red herrings so I'm careful about where I put the money. I think maybe I'm waiting for a piece of technology that has yet to be produced honestly.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I do appreciate the useful input. Trying to find the optimal machine for the way I detect has been an interesting journey and one full of many red herrings so I'm careful about where I put the money. I think maybe I'm waiting for a piece of technology that has yet to be produced honestly.
I can appreciate that. BT-DT.

In the meantime, we gotta make do with what we got or can get.

OP
OP
Midden-marauder

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
So I did finally find a review/air test of the pulsedive on youtube, 8" coil. While there was an increase in depth it was disappointingly small considering coil diameter. It was only somewhat better than a super tuned minelab (or other pinpointer I suppose) though I suppose you could potentially super tune the pulsedive as it is a non motion detector and has a somewhat expandable threshold much like a typical pinpointer. I paid about $170 for my pro find 40, I'd pay as much again for the pulsedive to get perhaps a couple more inches on a good day with no other obvious benefit, at least the minelab can fit on my utility belt along with trowel, spade, brush and every other tool I lug around. Likewise I'd still require the minelab to pinpoint the target precisely as the 8" coil is not quite as good at that bit. Hmm, I don't think it's an improvement, it'll add weight without enough benefit to make it worth it. The pro find 40 it shall remain until further notice is given or until one of these companies hears my prayers. I guess I shouldn't search after more, I actually do pretty good with that pinpointer finds wise, in fact, all of my very most impressive MD finds were made with that little magic wand. I enjoy hunting with it but no, you're not gonna find me crawling about with it, bent over perhaps or down on one knee to dig and do further spot searching around a given feature. It's a style of hunting unique to itself is what it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread