Non-Bank CRH

jkng

Sep 14, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a non-bank crh experience a few weeks ago. Now I feel like sharing and asking if anyone else had a crh like mine. My dad had a boss who had change he collected over the years and was selling them. My dad knew what crh is ever since I found silver so he asked me if I wanted some coins from his boss. I said sure and he got 40$ in dimes. The next day he brought it home and I looked through it and found my first silver dime! Share your stories here!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
A few years ago my brother in law let me go thru his huge bottle of change. Got one silver quarter, a 40% half, two war nics, and several wheat cents. The total was well over a grand. Fun times....

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
A few years ago homie, kids used to throw change at me by the bus....found a wheat! whoooo

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Josephiking said:
I had a non-bank crh experience a few weeks ago. Now I feel like sharing and asking if anyone else had a crh like mine. My dad had a boss who had change he collected over the years and was selling them. My dad knew what crh is ever since I found silver so he asked me if I wanted some coins from his boss. I said sure and he got 40$ in dimes. The next day he brought it home and I looked through it and found my first silver dime! Share your stories here!

I went through my brothers bag of change ($10-15) and got a 1958 and a 1917!!!

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt quarters from coin-op laundry machines. I have accumulated close to 2 rolls worth of silver in a few years from that money alone.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was 13, I searched a big jug of pennies & found a '72 doubled die cent. Still prob my best find to date, & that was 25 yrs ago !

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When I first stated collecting i searched my jar of change ($35-40) and found a silver dime. Yesterday I found a steel cent (s) in my friends jar of change. He had just used the coin star and it was one of the coins that was rejected.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
1. My dad found me a box with coins in it that must have been untouched since the later 1980s. Found a 1958 wheat in it. I just started collecting back then, and didn't know about silver dimes or nickels. The box was mainly pennies, though.

2. I have found tons of foreign coins (including 1 silver 3 pence from South Africa that was 80%) and 2 silver quarters and 9 silver dimes from under Coinstar machines (check out my log http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/302244-coinstar-finds.html)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread