noob in Mississippi

Bignick73

May 23, 2005
Was thinking about getting a Garrett 150. Possibly this week if I find one locally.

Where are some good places to go? I'm in central MS outside of jackson. I've got access to 100 acres outside benton, ms in BFE as well as probly 1200+ acres in V'burg area but have no idea where to even start on these places. Any thing to look for on the property?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

Bignick73

May 23, 2005
Got imy 150 in today. Went out to the old farm and found pulltabs and bottle caps but no coins. This is around a old store that was open from 1920 or so until 1969. Would think there would some coinage must be under the gravel as the driveway was gravel at one point in time but has since grown over. So much trash in the ground the iron bar on the display never turned off. Also searched a building site in the woods. All that is left is a chimney that is all the way down to the ground and a few corner/foundation stones around. Also TONS of trash so much I didn't go 3 feet without a hit. found some copper wire and several old cans and whatnot. Got back home and searched the big oak tree in the front yard found 1 1994 penny a 1980 quarter a 1941 wheat a old peice of iron looks like a axe head or something and more bottle caps and pull tabs. After a few hits I was easily able to locate the item without a pinpointer. Found that if i move my wrist back and forth to make the coil move in a up/down left/right type motion I can easily zero in on the object no problem. Ohh and I had one signal in the yard under the tree that was a strong coin signal 6+" dug a foot down and was still at 6"+. False signal? or am I missing something?

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
I you are the 1st to a virgin spot you have your work cut out for you, the best wayto find the coins is did everything. Once you eliminate the trash and the higher up decent things, then you can get down to the seriuos business of finding the deep really good things. You can spend many many hours getting a good spot ready to yeild the real good finds. Good luck and have patience

HH Vrent

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Vrent said:
I you are the 1st to a virgin spot you have your work cut out for you, the best wayto find the coins is did everything. Once you eliminate the trash and the higher up decent things, then you can get down to the seriuos business of finding the deep really good things. You can spend many many hours getting a good spot ready to yeild the real good finds. Good luck and have patience

HH Vrent
Gotta go with vrent on this, take your time and clear out the trash! For all the neato finds you see on here, there is likely a bushel basket full of trash that was dug! HH omnicognic 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread