Normal Sunday vs. Black Friday for sales

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I typically start and end my auctions on Sunday evening. But for Thanksgiving, I was wondering if I should make them end on Black Friday instead.

So as I was typing this, I decided to actually RTFM and look at my own records instead of asking. And it turns out I ended them on Black Friday rather than Sunday last year and did pretty good.

On the other hand, I didn't have many auctions end that particular Sunday either, so I really can't compare.... Sunday might have been even better, I don't know.

Anyone else have any experience?

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyber monday (the monday following black friday) is what i would shoot for. of course i've a garage full of stuff, and no motivation to list it right now so who am i to talk LOL.

OP
OP
P

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had not even thought about that!!!! Good point.

if ebay wanted to help us, this is the kind of info they ought to be giving us. You know they have the sales data broken down every way imaginable.

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i would shoot for cyber monday also put on top of that i would try and have my action end around 7 pm on the west coast or pst
that way the whole country is off of work
in NY. it would end at 10pm in LA. it ends at 7pm

OP
OP
P

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all are right. Check this online purchase data out. Also note that lunchtime on cyber Monday is a great time.

And that sales in the first six days of January are even larger than black friday and cyber monday combined.

Black Friday vs Cyber Monday |

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This is actually very helpful, as I want to list a bulk of stuff around then. I was trying to figure out when to end them. I would have never thought to end any on Black Friday. I thought every one is at Walmart running for the big screen TVs for $1 than looking on Ebay ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread