Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if they sell any it is your auction site you would get the money that sounds good to me..

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I once read on the Ebay forums where people in China steal the auctions. They then "drop ship" the item. For example, you are selling a red lunchbox for $20. They sell it for $40. They buy yours and have you send it to the the winner of THEIR auction. I don't know if it is the same thing, but it is worth looking into. I personally won't ship to a different address, so I figure that I am safe from that.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Chinese person win a cheap trombone from me a few months ago. They asked me to write the auction number on the outside of the box. I looked at their feedback, and saw they did a LOT of buying. Their address was in CA. I figured they were doing some kinda arbitrage thing to China.

What do I care? I paid 5 bucks for the instrument, sold it to them for 50 plus shipping. If there is meat left on the bone, all my best to them.

A few months later they bought a motorcycle seat from me for 100. An old Kawasaki seat that I picked up for 5. Same deal - write the item number on the box. I welcome them to keep on buying.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I had a Chinese person win a cheap trombone from me a few months ago. They asked me to write the auction number on the outside of the box. I looked at their feedback, and saw they did a LOT of buying. Their address was in CA. I figured they were doing some kinda arbitrage thing to China.

What do I care? I paid 5 bucks for the instrument, sold it to them for 50 plus shipping. If there is meat left on the bone, all my best to them.

A few months later they bought a motorcycle seat from me for 100. An old Kawasaki seat that I picked up for 5. Same deal - write the item number on the box. I welcome them to keep on buying.
That's a normal part of Ebays new global shipping program. The CA address is a company that's a subcontractor for Ebay I believe and they forward packages to overseas buyers. Not the same thing Dan is talking about

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not the same. The number for that just goes on shipping label automatically. The buyer I'm talking about wanted the item number written on the box, definitely not an ebay run program.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I know the outfit you are talking about. I have sold a few things to them. I think they act as a middle man for non-U.S. buyers (primarily Asian probably) to facilitate purchases from people like me who don't ship overseas. There is a similar outfit on the east coast that performs the same function for European buyers.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the outfit you are talking about. I have sold a few things to them. I think they act as a middle man for non-U.S. buyers (primarily Asian probably) to facilitate purchases from people like me who don't ship overseas. There is a similar outfit on the east coast that performs the same function for European buyers.
Shop Airlines America. They usually have a name like flight2(airport code initials)-
flight2nrt
flight2sfo
flight2lax
flight2nyc
flight2ord
flight2hnd
flight2cts
flight2fuk
flight2kix
flight2bos, etc., etc., etc.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have sold to them too! I ship internationally already though. What is their deal? I wonder if it is a language thing, or ????

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing they make a bunch of buys, load a bunch of stuff up in a container on a slow boat to China and save on the international shipping.

And yes, once again diggumup was right - it was the flight2 people.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shop Airlines America. They usually have a name like flight2(airport code initials)-

Yeah, I had a terrible time selling to one of these guys. I wouldn't do it. They wanted a return 30 days later, you can check back at some of my old posts and read about it. I wouldn't mess with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread