NORTH CAROLINA Where can one go panning?

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Uwharrie HF just outside of Troy, NC

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thermal city is a very good spot to pay to pan i was there a few yrs. back and it was only 5.00 to pan all day at the panning tables I do believe the price has gone up? there is a stream that runs through the property that you can go walking through how far don't know? they have different setups for different likings like panning -- sluicing -- a tremmal machine and even metal detecting the waste plies and there is cabins for rent or sleep in your truck in a paid spot VERY NICE PLACE I WAS THERE ONLY ONCE BUT THE TIME I WAS THERE THE FAMILY HAD A BLAST

Kruzman

May 23, 2013
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its $10 to pan the dirt pile and river for the day. Costs a little more to run a dredge in river depending on size.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its $10 to pan the dirt pile and river for the day. Costs a little more to run a dredge in river depending on size.
When you say pan does that include sluicing? Can you get a quarter gram per day or more there sluicing?

keitha43

Jun 14, 2013
Moore, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Google "Astrobouncer thermal city" and you will find many videos that Astrobouncer has made there. I saw many posts on this forum from him that made me want to go there some day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread