north carolina

wolf74623

Jan 22, 2017
Henderson North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SO - I moved to Henderson, north Carolina about 10 months back from Fredericksburg, VA I had a hunting partner there for quit a few yrs but also like to solo so there's no schedule however sometimes that can get boring - looking for someone who has info to share and hunt with from time to time I also have info to share as well I've been hunting mainly colonial/civil war for the past 30 yrs and have kept topo maps of most all spots that produced relics - I have hunted with a Tesoro for the past 20 yrs and use it well but also know I'm limited to depth in open ground on smaller objects. my favorite places are colonial house sites and of course camps but I would take a house site over a camp. anyways what I have found in this area are that most houses are still lived in or were used as modern dumps or has posted signs every five feet which either way = no relics but I have found 1 house that is period and a little trashed but after a few days of digging garbage to get it out of the way I was blessed with a couple good items and a few flat buttons but all in all its pretty slow around here so if there is anyone out there who wants to share info and hunt together once in awhile get in touch with me so we can talk I am absolutely low drama and will travel to hunt or search for a good spot - there's nothing like the thrill of hunting a new colonial spot that has been undiscovered after all this time and I know from experience there out there. happy hunting P.S. if your in a hurry and run through the woods like a turkey I may not be the right partner for you after many work related accidents and old age it has slowed me down, not stopped me but I have a pace that works for me ( example ) back in the day I set up most of the night drinking Evan Williams with a guy in south Carolina before the big hunt together the next morning and after 3 hrs. sleep the alarm went off and boots went on and off we go first stop was a wooded area with a huge hill to climb and the bottom was thick with briars, well Dennis went through like a deer and I got tangled in the briars so bad it ripped my boots right off my feet and he was at the sight 15 min digging before I showed up soaken wet from sweating and wore out from the fight, only savior the spot was loaded with buttons IMG_1083.jpg IMG_1085.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions